• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hood Strut Kit

Motocam360

CEG'er
Hey SVT peeps,

I just finished designing a hood strut kit for my Starions, so I thought I would design one for my SVT too.

Let me know if there's any interest and I can make up several kits. I'm thinking $99 per kit.

Check out how they look on the Starion:

SQ HSK side sm..jpg

SQ HSK Install sm&#46.jpg

SQ HSK brackets s&#109.jpg

Thanks,

Tim@motocam360.com

Yes I just learned last night that they do make a kit for the CSVT. I also noticed a few flaws in their design. I will post pictures of my kit that takes a different approach to this problem in the next few days

Ok, I know this thread has been dead for a year now.....but I'm back!!! Got side tracked with designing and selling lots of hood strut kits for Subaru models since they are everywhere, and also continuing to support my Starion/Conquest addiction.

So I finally finished this design over the weekend and I'm tooled up to make about a dozen kits:
$85 delivered
PP:sales@themotocam.com

This design is FAR superior to the competitions kit and most of you will see why just by looking at these install pics..... the hood opens a full 4 inches over the oem hood prop, excellent side access to the motor bay for maintenance:

SVTHSKup_zps81e96013.jpg
SVTHSKhoodbracket_zpsc2d9e67e.jpg
SVTHSKopening_zpsbdd39e74.jpg

Yes we can accommodate your CF hood. We have 3 different strut force ratings to handle various hood weights. Order the kit and we'll make sure it works great for you!

SVTHSKgap_zpsf1d77c90.jpg
SVTsideshot_zpsf83f5f65.jpg
SVTfenderbracket_zps63c7e65e.jpg
hoodbracket_zpsdbb4e40c.jpg

Don't know how I feel about a design that has you drilling holes in the car with self threading screws. Why didn't you utilize existing holes?

I played with this design off/on for 2 years..... I would have used existing holes if that were an option... We make these kits for 10 different vehicles so we have a wealth of experience in this department.

If you don't like self taping stainless steel screws, then use rivets!

Back