• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom made Gauges labels

SQuAlL-NT

CEG'er
Hi guys, I designed this clean custom gauges and think you guys might like it.
I have been working on this for half year (well, of course i just keep working on it once a while)
First thing first, have to thanks 98Mystique2 for starting a thread to show people how to make custom gauges and Savior for the Gauges files.
My custome guages were start from there, but i use different material (Which will not separate unless u destory it).

My guages label is NOT overlayer, it is a direct replacement.
Using this Custom Guages, you will have to change your cluster lighting which i have a thread about it >>>> http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?65409-Gauges-lighting-and-custom-guages

I have 2 designs of the guage styles; 2 different text on the Rpm and Mph; 4 Kind of lookings (color of the panels); and 2 effects.
I tried different color of light bulb, From left top to right bottom: Cool white, Green, stock bulb, Red.

color.jpg

The 2 different Text are Type A or Type B
Type A is spell out the whole "Revolution per minute" & "Mile per hour" (in most of the pictures)
Type B is just " 1:1000" & " MPH" like this :
DSCN3567.jpg

The 4 different lookings are : White(WT), Black(BK), Carbon fiber(CF), Red carbon fiber (RC)

DSCN4273.jpg

DSCN3316.jpg

DSCN4271.jpg

For CF, it is glossy
DSCN4269.jpg

This is the Red Carbon Fiber on the left, Stock design white face on the right.

DSCN4350.jpg

I saw a lot of car now-a-day has kind of halo on the Guages, so i did something similar.
With the ring, i call it type O, without calls X
Therefore, the left is "AX", right is "AO" in the picture

ring.jpg

I also have HVAC with a matching design with the gauges and in WT, BK, CF, RC.
DSCN4275.jpg

Now, the bad thing about it:
Everything is hand craft, i do not have the best craftsmanship so there will be edges that are not nice, but they do not show after you put the cluster back on (because edges will be coverd in the cluster).
DSCN4266.jpg

Also, another thing is , White color one is less clear than BK and CF, but it looks the best in day light.

Another problem is there will be Hotspots. If some of you know and willing to fix hotspots, this won't be a problem for you.
I did use some over layers to weaker the hotspot, so it is acceptable IMO.

It is not a group buy, i will produce it as long as someone wants it.
For the Pricing: They are all shipped
White ----------------30 (believe or not, it need more layers and a lot harder)
Black -----------------25
Carbon Fiber---------30 (I have to print it with my own glossy paper and ink, so yes, it cost more)
Red Carbon Fiber----30
Your own design-----30, depends, could be more

HVAC + headlight switch panel, any color------------10

Orders will be made within few days, and ship right away, so should takes around a week to arrive your pace after i receive the money.

For ordering, please email me, it is a lot easier to track everything:
calvinofyou@hotmail.com

Or u can PM me too

If you are going to order , please include your address , real name, what do your want (like WT Stock Type A-O as White panel color, Stock design, spell out text, with halo ring)
Let me know if u want a specail design, i will see what i can do.
Paypal :
squalldiny@yahoo.com.hk

Please leave me comment, so i can improve this.
Thank you.

i have a set on my car, just een to damn lazy to post pics. but the qualitly for hand crafted is darn good! and is well worth the money, i hav the black set with matching hvac panal. and i love it! i also put in blue leds.

Just making sure before ordering, i like the look of the stock white face guages but wanted red back lighting, so with your white i can swap to red bulbs and itll work?

Ill be interesed in Carbon fiber How Hard are they to Install?

The installation is not hard at all. Just want to make sure you know, The Carbon fiber is not real carbon fiber, it is just printing looks like carbon fiber.
This is a thread tells you how to take off the dash
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?66493-Dash-Removal-cluster-removal

Also , another thread teachs you how to make the gauges (if you don't like my) and install it (which is basically paste it on the cluster)
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?63938-HOW-TO-Custom-Gauges

Oh, should add this:
When you install, you will have to remove these Black material, or it will make a lot of hot spots.
DSCN3478.jpg

DSCN3481.jpg

i have a set on my car, just een to damn lazy to post pics. but the qualitly for hand crafted is darn good! and is well worth the money, i hav the black set with matching hvac panal. and i love it! i also put in blue leds.

Thanks Nick! Is your friend still interesting in the carbon fiber one?

Just making sure before ordering, i like the look of the stock white face guages but wanted red back lighting, so with your white i can swap to red bulbs and itll work?

Yes, it will, because i am using the same thing.
White face
DSCN4274.jpg

with Red LED:

DSCN4281.jpg

I just fixed the white face one, so the light will come up brighter.
However, it is not dark yet, so i can't take any picture about it yet.

For changing light bulb and blub number, i have this thread
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?65409-Gauges-lighting-and-custom-guages

If I order a set of these could I get some that looks like the red/black carbon fiber? Please pm me back as I may forget to check back in the thread. Thanks!

Has there been any warping between sheets? I know that was an issue in the past.

For the part, no worry.
It will not seprate itself, and you won't see any bubbles in between.
It is similar, but different than the one in "How-to"
I wouldn't mind to tell people about the secret when they bought it.

Do you plan on producing any other styles? For me, I'd like to see some that are identical to stock gauges but illuminate red or the fade to red look, and with a Powered by SVT logo on the tach. While these gauges all look great, I've always prefered to try and keep stock appearance with some aftermarket touches to it.

Back