• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
As we know there are alot of people I see who want a turbo kit that will get the most potential output from their Contour, Cougars, and SVT.

Me and Tom are thinking of a little adventure or quest in making the most affordable kit available for our platform. Both of our heads together we have come up with a real solution to making this happen.

I am going to ask for a poll on how much someone would pay if we can achieve 270 whp 2.5 level and 325whp 3.0 level all stock not one single modification needed when we sell the kit. Depending on the interest in this kit will determine how fast I get the data and results. What I mean is we are going to do regardless of what feedback but If I see some overwhelming feedback I will have it done prompt.

The car I will dyno will stock 2.5 liter pull out the motor then with the same kit drop in a 3.0 liter so the gains can be comparable.

Now if I can achieve this it will be a best bang for your buck. Now I realized that most CEG's can't afford to go or just will not spend more than car is worth.

Some hints of the kit are

garret turbo enough to support 400 whp
air to air ( always been a debate till now )
external wastegate
injectors
all aluminum 6061 piping with couplings
304 SS some mild
xcal 2 /tune
Blow off valve
open air filter
(very easy install)

any questions let me know

I would be interested..I've always wanted alittle more power to my 2.5L Nothing to extreme.Just enough to get out the way.Please let me know on a ball park price range?..PM me if you would like.

Sounds good so far :). I assume that if the buyer already has some of the other stuff like injectors and XCal2 then those can be taken out of the kit?

Aaron

Me and tom are working out the details on the that issue but we are going to package the whole setup.

I forgot to add this the kit will be for stock everything off showroom floor setup. We will make this kit first but we know there are several different setup out there we will make conversion after the kit is produced.

but yes it would knock off 10 percent of the price we have for it.

This would be great if you guys could pull this off for a reasonable price. You should post about this over on the NECO forums. I know that Blackcoog is working on making an affordable and reliable version of the TK supercharger setup, so I hope that both these kits are successful.

Well Muntus the first batch wil bolt right up to the stock manifolds and that will be first then I will need to get a set of weapon R's or a car to mock up the pipe to our kit but the first stage is first but everyone will be able to buy the kit but the real plus side is that the weapons R's will not do much more than a stock so someone will not have to sink $600 on Weapon R's when they can use the money for the kit instead.

The real big catch is that my goal is to have the kit installed in less than a day and use the least tools needed. The great part is that the kit will work for the 3.0 so if your 2.5 gives away for any reason it will adapt right up and still breathe the same with more torque and more hp.

you guys are real close to the price too the kit will sell for sure

Interested but how well with the stock drive train hold up to this, are there any prerequisites before you can use the new power?

Wouldn't an internally wastegated turbo be cheaper, or is it more cost effective to keep them seperate? What about a BPV instead of a BOV? Mild steel instead of SS? Might as well make it as cheap as effectively possible. BTW, I salute you two for attempting to tackle a project like this :cool:

ok good news I have two donor cars one with 3 liter and one with a 2.5 liter. The 3 liter will be the one for the kit setup. The 2.5 liter will be for dyno purposes all stock too.

I will have the jig made so I can produce the labor part in less than a day. Therefore keeping the cost down and the shipment faster. The kit will be batched at first to get the cost down since the jigs and expensive tools will be included with my own cost versus profit.

I will make the material out of 304 SS to keep spool up time where we need it. I am going to make the down pipe 304 ss but it will collect into the pipe under the car mild steel this peice can be dipped if you want too or treated, etc. I will have three main peices on the exhaust. One is the y pipe collecting the bank and the reason this will be one peice is to allow people with aftermarket headers to adapt( which we will have shortly after the first stock batch). The next peice will up-pipe that is standard T3. The downpipe will be flanged under the tranny which will be standard to made of the 304 ss too. The following peice will be the section of mild steel that will mate up to stock or after market catbacks.

The intercooler will be 2.5" aluminum to keep velocity and lag down. The intercooler will be JDM and fit nicely where you like it. The turbo will come T3/T4 60 trim 63 A.R. stage 3 and have a average blowoff or dump valve. The wastegate will be 38mm vented to atmosphere set at 7 psi stock pre 98-99 and 3.0 will have a 9 psi (only because the pistons can handle it)

My goal is to keep the battery in place or at least make it smaller. The intercooler will be polished along with piping. The tune will be done by Tom I will also supply a Laptop on deposit for tuning if needed. The kit will be tuned by Tom the best in my opinion of course you know the kit will do it jobs so the risk is yours.

The injectors will be good enough for 300whp stock pump too and stock SVT MAF. The filter will be in the hood with heat sheilds. And if you guys are telling the truth on what you pay I would already have 10 people

Oh to answer the tranny problem you have to so what support your engine's output. Clutch, diff., motor mounts etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back