• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

subframe connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can see from the pix, they're made from rectangular tube. Approx. weight is 25 lbs for both sides before welding. As the additional weight is located between the wheels, they actually help polar moment of inertia.

At the price I'm selling them for they're not boxed, heim jointed, triangulated or X'd. However, if you have a clever welder/fabricator and can live with a decrease in ground and exhaust clearance it's fairly simple to do so.

I am also interested in teh connectors. Will check the site on Friday to see if everything is ready to go.

Tony
00 CSVT

not to bite into your thread but i still a few sets left over as well.

already made and boxed, ready to go. i posted them in the classifieds but only a few people responded :shrug:

we would have been more than willing to do another GB but it seemed that everybody and anybody who was interested had already grabbed one.

when i shipped them to Canada, i put the value as only $20 iirc. did that still cause a huge fee?

anyways, if anyone is interested in one of my remaining sets, just shoot me a pm.

I count somewhere between 7 and 9 interested people. Now the true test...

If you are still interested, send me a deposit ($25) to my Paypal acct. which is the same as my email here. I'll tally them up on monday (if that's enough time for everyone) and post names. Time to complete and ship w/b 1-2 wks.

I've posted a pic of the completed RH connector. The red arrow is pointing to the joint which in this case has already been welded. As I mentioned earlier they will not be welded here and it should be done immediately prior to attaching to the car. This makes shipping way cheaper.

Attachments

• completed SFC_1.JPG
    completed SFC_1.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
I count somewhere between 7 and 9 interested people. Now the true test...

Hang in there Bradness, maybe people are waitin' for their tax returns...

I was interested too, but I need (want) some additional bracing. It's going to be smarter if I build my setup all at once rather than piece meal it. I'd hate to install your bars only to have to removove them 'cause they need to be positioned differently, or some other BS.

Hi, im hoping someone could actually show me pictures of what this group buy is meant to be.

Im interested in any upgrades for my mondeo.

Is it rear sway arms up for grabs of those tubular 2 bolt LCA's??

please excuse me from asking its just im still new to contours and im still struggling to understand what you guys call certain parts.

jcth1

See the peice of metal welded to the chassis? It's what the red jack stand is sitting on. Starting to turn rusty.

HEY you leave my rust out of this! :mad: :rolleyes:

[ya I recommend painting them quickly and heavily, you'll notice I was a bit lax there]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back