• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: Automatic open/close sunroof w/ lighted switch: round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConcepTrs913

Veteran CEG'er
***THIS IS NOW AN OFFICIAL GROUP BUY AND IT IS READY TO GO***

This is a group buy for an automatic sunroof modification and a lighted switch. This will make your sunroof open and close by the push of one button and the switch will also light up like the door locks etc. There will be step by step instructions and the install is very simple you can do it on your own very easily. The kit is assembled properly with heat shrink and it is color coded ready to go.

The d79 connector is just a fancy name for a wire that allows you to repin the stock harness in order to get the lighted switch to light up.

Here are the options:

1) Lighted switch, d79 connector, auto open AND auto close = $41 plus shipping
2) Lighted switch, d79 connector, auto open only = $28 plus shipping
3) auto open AND auto close = $31 plus shipping
4) auto open ONLY = $18 plus shipping

The prices are adjusted appropriately depending on what parts you will need to satisfy the kit. The prices just went up $2 because I cannot order some parts in bulk like I was able to last time. Unfortunately these are the parts that make up a bulk of the price.

Please specify which option you would like.

**If you would like me to install this for you for some reason and have the connections soldered in instead of using quick splices, you can ship me your sunroof motor both ways and pay $10 for labor if you choose to** I don't think anyone would do this, but the offer is on the table

If you want one, PM me or put your name in this thread.

Here is a picture of how the lighted switch will work and a video as well.

IMG_4247.jpg

sorry i took it during the day

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/contoursvt93/?action=view&current=MVI_4248.flv

Sorry for the music I didn't even realize it was playing...

PM me or post up on the thread if you want one!

Last edited:
What's really funny, was the last night coming home from work, I was thinking to PM you about this if you had any left from the last one. So you can count me in! I'll get the list started.

1. rexxdoggy

i'm glad people are still interested. i was thinking about maybe also including a rear mystique dome light and complete picture step-by-step instructions which will be just as easy to follow as the instructions that i included with my first group buy. I am also looking into putting different color led's into the lighted switch.

anyone interested in these possibly?

I am interested although i do have a switch i could perhaps send to you for i guess whatever install or something. Let me know if you do that as well.

Thanks!!!!!

Once I get a little bit more (over ten or so) I will be accepting payments and I will be shipping the kits out in batches due to ordering supplies. If you are 100% sure you're going to order the kit shoot me a pm and let me know.

1. rexxdoggy auto open/close, lighted switch, and maybe rear domelight
2. csvtpsu
3. tsSVT
4. R-code
5. Naujcdl
6. Thicknes
7. svtfixer

1. rexxdoggy auto open/close, lighted switch, and maybe rear domelight
2. csvtpsu
3. tsSVT
4. R-code
5. Naujcdl