• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: HID Conversion Kit - 3yr warranty - $220 or less!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have made your point. Now if they want to buy it, who cares? Its their money, not yours. You have made it clear what they are getting into, why continue? This thread isnt a discussion about HIDs, its a GB. Case closed!

Case not closed, we're trying to make people realize that if they are investing on improving their lighting, 6000K is making you go the complete opposite. I dont want to see people just lite their money on fire like that..thats all, NOW the case is closed.

Rawburt, you are a little b****, asking mods to delete this "4300K BS" you can def. kiss my brown @$$ if you dont appreciate what im trying to point out :nonono:

Your right they look fine. They aren't for you though. The reason they are painted is to control the amount of light potentially directed at an oncoming drivers eyes.

Think of it like this.....your driving down the road and someone with OEM HIDS is up higher then you. You can't see a thing because they are so bright. Now imagine that is how they are all the time to everyone that is in front of you. There is a reason HIDS from the factory have such a sharp cutoff line, and auto level.

You want to be courteous to other drivers, not make it hazardous, not only for them but for you when they can't make out the lines in the road. D2R bulbs are branded that way because they are meant to be used in reflectors. Mainly because reflectors scatter more light. It is even more essential for a reflector that wasn't designed for a HID. Lighting that was designed for Halogens was made to utilize the light at it's maximum. A HID bulb makes light in a totally different way, and at a much greater intensity. As such a housing made to use Halogen's will not be able to utilize the HID bulb to it's maximum.

Halogen units direct light mainly to the front of the vehicle since that is where it is needed most and is the most effective way to use the ~1500 lumens it puts out.
HID units direct light not only in front but also to the sides to maximize the ~3200 lumens using a 4100K D2S. A D2R bulb gives off slightly less @ ~2800 also at 4100K lumens due to the shield.

Now putting almost twice the lumens through a unit that was not designed for it is not going to be good. Too much of the light will be aimed at the front and not enough to the side. The paint will reduce the amount of light aimed at the front and above at a drivers face.

I hate being blinded by someone who's headlights are not aimed properly or did a retrofit with HIDS half assed. Phillips spends a lot of money researching these things. They wouldn't do something such as that if they felt they didn't need to.

/rant off I hope the information helps.
To keep it on topic for the group buy ;). The bulbs that are offered are they shortened to be able to fit into the stock housing?

Last edited:
I wont **** on the group buy, but im willing to bet that the bulb focal points will not line up, but will fit into the housings.

Best bet- have a mod delete this thread, and start a new one, and only people interested can post. Have them refer to the link listed above if they want to do more research on HIDs.

I'm not saying anything negative towards the group buy. I'm just trying to help people understand why certain things are designed a certain way.

You guys act like the world is ending. Did you miss the guidelines? You may want to refresh yourself: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=4

Specifically:
If you do not agree with a Group Buy price or product, let it be. Do not post negative remarks. If the price is high, don't buy it. You don't like windshield washer lights? Don't buy them.
Your point has been made, over and over again. And FWIW, I agree with you. Doesnt mean you have to fight with everyone that is interested in purchasing them! With all that enthusiasm you might be better off trying to get all these "hack HID" dealers shut down. It might make the world a better place!

you what you do just sit here and watch CEG'rs get jipped on cheap HID products?

fine with me then, I will give you an example though before i call it my last post, Pete (mapoftazi) was in the same boat wanting cheap cheap HID kits, I made him get the Denso with Philips bulbs and it was all I believe under $280. Denso and Philips are both quality so if your buying these thinking their cheap and will last you long, your truely mistaken and if you research more you will find a good kit as I did for Pete..

thats all

nopity.gif

Serioussssssssslllyyyyy................

you what you do just sit here and watch CEG'rs get jipped on cheap HID products?

fine with me then, I will give you an example though before i call it my last post, Pete (mapoftazi) was in the same boat wanting cheap cheap HID kits, I made him get the Denso with Philips bulbs and it was all I believe under $280. Denso and Philips are both quality so if your buying these thinking their cheap and will last you long, your truely mistaken and if you research more you will find a good kit as I did for Pete..

thats all

It was like an even 300 after shipping.

Theres nothing wrong with warning them, but after you tell them whats the use in flaming them when they have read what you said and want to buy it anyway?

its spelled "gooz" LOL :laugh:

I understand 6000K is brighter then stock halogen, but during bad weather like say rain where the road is wet, yout 6000K's will not do anything for you, I know this for a fact because my buddy has Philips 6000K Ultinon bulbs in his maxima and its a disaster in wet weather.

ok thats enough from me, as i said, any questions, thoughts or concerns, please dont be affraid to PM me, I wont flame.

wow, and that was on the second page, post number 18

foot----->mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back