• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: HID Conversion Kit - 3yr warranty - $220 or less!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra_Jack

CEG'er
I'm organizing a another group buy for the www.visionbulbs.com HID Conversion Kit.

* 3 year warranty on everything (bulbs and ballasts)
* California location for warranty claims/issues (no overseas bs)
* Designed in Germany, manufactured in Taiwan/China
* Have been in business for over close to two years online, and over 7 years in the wholesale market.
* Plug and Play Kit

$220 1-5 Buyers -
$210 6-15 Buyers -
$200 15+ Buyers -

This is the second group buy I'm doing with VisionBulbs, the first one was in March and was a great success, now I need another kit for my CSVT, so I thought I'd run another Group Buy.

Link to the March GB: http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=10318

Here's the List:
1. Jack - 9006 - 6000K
2. Rawburt - 9006 - 6000k - CEG

Last edited:
Well I am just gonna say this...anything higher than 5000k is a waste of money.
I lined my car up next to a 8000k kit and my silverstars produced a brighter white light.

I have 4300k in my car and I'm telling ya it freaking rocks. I saw most of the guys on that site signing up for 6000k or above...bah!

What kind of ballasts, ignitors, and bulbs are you talking about!? Can you order d2r or d2s?!

You are missing some pretty important info.

Well I am just gonna say this...anything higher than 5000k is a waste of money.
I lined my car up next to a 8000k kit and my silverstars produced a brighter white light.

I have 4300k in my car and I'm telling ya it freaking rocks. I saw most of the guys on that site signing up for 6000k or above...bah!

What kind of ballasts, ignitors, and bulbs are you talking about!? Can you order d2r or d2s?!

You are missing some pretty important info.

While you're entiled to you own opinion, I strongly disagree.. the 6000K's are perfect, I have them on my Cobra and my wife's car and they are far brighter than any conventional halogen bulb.

Even the 8000K's are much brighter than standard halogens.. I think you're confusing brighter with whiter

Ballasts, blubs and ignitors are their own brand... they come with a 3 year warranty.. none the people from the original group buy had any problems

The bulb list is on their website and it includes D2R and D2S

I'm thinking I'll be in on this for 6k. I need to check out the funds first.

Also cobra jack, I'd like to see some pics of them on your cobra, please!!

I'm thinking I'll be in on this for 6k. I need to check out the funds first.

Also cobra jack, I'd like to see some pics of them on your cobra, please!!

Here ya go:

P1010237.JPG

P1010247.JPG

P1010258.JPG

P1010285.JPG

P1010288.JPG

P1010316.JPG

P1010344.JPG

P1010349.JPG

Nice looking Terminator, but I think what Rawburt was referencing, was pictures of the HID's at night.

Mark

I think he was refering to night time pictures. But damn that car is hot :drool:. What is that colour called?

Aaron

Are D2R bulbs available?

What are the prices in CDN funds for the GB?

Is there a wiring harness included, or do they just plug into the stock connectors?

I have a full HID set already from Vision Bulbs. First, let me say, their customer service isn't all that great. The people are nice, but they take months to get issues resolved. Second, if you want a truly high-quality product, go with Phillips/Hella brands. Vision Bulbs kits work ok, but they aren't high quality. I had to fiddle with loose wiring and connections when I hooked everything up which made it take 15 minutes longer than it should have. Finally, you don't get a choice of D2R/D2S bulbs. What you can get is any size (we would need 9006) and they are automatically D2S. I mean you can't get 9006 D2R, you have to get just D2R or just 9006. The price is really good, and the 4300K bulbs will rival anything out there halogen-wise in brightness and clarity. Just some FYI for potential buyers.

Are D2R bulbs available?

What are the prices in CDN funds for the GB?

Is there a wiring harness included, or do they just plug into the stock connectors?

for the 9007 kit I got for the Cobra, there were a plug and play connectors included and also a hardwire method with a relay for connecting it... the 9006 kit I bought for my wife only had the hardwire relay method.. it was very easy and straight forward to install, took under 30 minutes.

Thye have an office in Vancouver, so I imagine CDN funds would be no problem

While you're entiled to you own opinion, I strongly disagree.. the 6000K's are perfect, I have them on my Cobra and my wife's car and they are far brighter than any conventional halogen bulb.

I STRONGLY dissagree with you there. Look at the charts and graphs in the HID FAQ and you will see 4300K is the brightest HID you can go.

heres a pic with 4300K vs. 6000K

picture.JPG

My 4300K

5dadd9bf.jpg

you tell me :shrug: look at the road and tell me which one will be the best bang for your buck while making your car look like any other stock HID equipped car..

PLEASE READ THE HID FAQ BEFORE MAKING YOUR DECISION OR PM ME!!!
HID FAQ - http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=393

4300k in my car, I won't be going any higher than 5000k when I replace the bulbs.

They look amazing at night despite what pictures might make them look like. 4300k is not yellow at all.

But hey, you guys do what you want with the bulbs, it's your cash. Spend it wisely.

I STRONGLY dissagree with you there. Look at the charts and graphs in the HID FAQ and you will see 4300K is the brightest HID you can go.

Please point out where I said 6000K was brighter than 4300K... I completely understand the color rating of HID's so please don't put words in my mouth

What I said was 6000k is brighter than any Halogen. and in my opinion 6000K is perfect if you like a slight blue tint, which I do

OK, a link has been posted by Goonz to the HID FAQ. All other questions or remarks should be directly related to the actual group buy and not HID discussions in general.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OK, a link has been posted by Goonz to the HID FAQ. All other questions or remarks should be directly related to the actual group buy and not HID discussions in general.

Thanks.

its spelled "gooz" LOL :laugh:

I understand 6000K is brighter then stock halogen, but during bad weather like say rain where the road is wet, yout 6000K's will not do anything for you, I know this for a fact because my buddy has Philips 6000K Ultinon bulbs in his maxima and its a disaster in wet weather. I know your entitled to your oppinion and so am I, but im just trying to guide n00bs who know nothing on HID and trying to make them realize that when upgrading to HID's do it for the performance and not just looks because as stated anything over 5000K is just plain silly..

ok thats enough from me, as i said, any questions, thoughts or concerns, please dont be affraid to PM me, I wont flame. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a full HID set already from Vision Bulbs. First, let me say, their customer service isn't all that great. The people are nice, but they take months to get issues resolved. Second, if you want a truly high-quality product, go with Phillips/Hella brands. Vision Bulbs kits work ok, but they aren't high quality. I had to fiddle with loose wiring and connections when I hooked everything up which made it take 15 minutes longer than it should have. Finally, you don't get a choice of D2R/D2S bulbs. What you can get is any size (we would need 9006) and they are automatically D2S. I mean you can't get 9006 D2R, you have to get just D2R or just 9006. The price is really good, and the 4300K bulbs will rival anything out there halogen-wise in brightness and clarity. Just some FYI for potential buyers.

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought and installed a 6000k set from Ebay for $171.00 shipped. The bad news is that they came from China, the god news is i paid on Saturday before Labor Day, and DHL was thee on Wed.!!!!!

I was looking for another set for the Focus, but if Customer Service isn't 100% I'll probably be going back to Ebay. My buddy Tim bought a set from the same seller and had a great experience also.

I wanna know more about this kit. Im confused on the fact that the balast was designed in Germany, but made in Taiwan? :confused: also what brand is this kit? who makes the bulbs? Does the wiring harness have proper relays so that your not drawing irregular amounts of power? Just a few questions Im wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back