• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEG Licence Plate Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright now the question is...What is the source of these mysterious CEG plates. All seriousness does anyone know who got this together? It might be really easy to contact the company and have them remade. They usually archive jobs that way they might not charge design time and setup. Anyone know?

Mine is identical to Chattavegas's (black powdercoated frame with chrome writing).
I'm famous!!!! :crazy: I think the black frame with chrome letters is the way to go. It blends with the rest of the flat black trim around it. Pointless pic whoring FTW!!!
278249_114_full.jpg

278249_187_full.jpg

278249_232_full.jpg

Alright now the question is...What is the source of these mysterious CEG plates. All seriousness does anyone know who got this together? It might be really easy to contact the company and have them remade. They usually archive jobs that way they might not charge design time and setup. Anyone know?

I'm not really sure, I have the license plate on my car and I think I still have the package with the companies info on it, but I won't be home to read it until thursday night (finals week). So if no one has it by then I'll post the companies name and if they have any contact info on the package.

I'm not really sure, I have the license plate on my car and I think I still have the package with the companies info on it, but I won't be home to read it until thursday night (finals week). So if no one has it by then I'll post the companies name and if they have any contact info on the package.

Good deal!

Yeah, I threw the packaging (which was pretty nice, btw, kind of a heavy plastic zipper bag thing) away when I moved here.

The original GB starter may be of some help also!

I emailed him, maybe he will respond? Also, he has a Cougar, so might be on NECO or something...

...and the're currently doing a group buy for NECO license plate frames.

I sent the company an email questioning if they could produce the same CEG license plate frames from a few years ago. I'll post their response.

Really? All I have is the carboard thing that came in the plate frame, but mins is from a company named Camisasca Automotice Manufacturing, but maybe it was a second hand retailer we got them from?

EDIT: A simple search in the old forums revealed that it is a company named Initial Velocity. Here's their old site with pics of the frames. http://www.initialvelocity.com/groupbuys/index.html

Last edited:
...and the're currently doing a group buy for NECO license plate frames.

I sent the company an email questioning if they could produce the same CEG license plate frames from a few years ago. I'll post their response.

Good job. Keep us posted. And thank you.

Good idea but I don't need a license plate frame I kinda made my own.
Frame-Free
Paint-5 bucks
Letters-8 bucks from parkedcar

IM000457-a.jpg

Frame is the one from the dealership I got the car from and got it painted to match the car, from a guy my dad used to work for, he gave me a deal and only charged me 5 bucks for painting it.

I can't read it but it looks like it says GR8 POONTOUR :shrug:

Good times, good times :laugh: :laugh:

nothing wrong with that. I have a elcheapo chromy on right now due to the fact when i traded my old car in for the mystique, my autocannon plate frame went MIA. i wouldn't mind a couple of frames (front and back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back