• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEG Licence Plate Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
Has anyone Looked into doing these custom? I think it would be a nice cheap way to support the group and get the word out.

They were done a while ago and came out pretty nice. I was hoping someone would start up another set as I don't have any kind of frame on the back and it's ugly. I kind of want one of those blank black bimmian ones but they are like 40 bucks.

I picked up one of the chrome plated brass OEM Special Vehicle Team license plate frames for really cheap. The thing is sweet. It's really heavy for a license plate frame. Awesome quality.

I picked up one of the chrome plated brass OEM Special Vehicle Team license plate frames for really cheap. The thing is sweet. It's really heavy for a license plate frame. Awesome quality.

me too, love it!

I had 2 of those but I ditched them. I think it stood out too much. The lower portion was too large. That plus I had too many "SVT"s on my car.

I had 2 of those but I ditched them. I think it stood out too much. The lower portion was too large. That plus I had too many "SVT"s on my car.

I like it b/c I see a lot of the M3's and whatnot all have one to symbolize it's authenticity and I always liked the idea. I also see other SVT's on the road w/ them (lightings, cobras, focus) that have them so why not advertise a little.

I know what you mean about "too many" SVT's though. Too many and it will start looking like a X-mas tree. But I figure most ppl look at this car and think its a regular contour or taurus or topaz etc. so if they see the SVT symbol or emblem and are aware of what it stands for they realize it is a little "special".

I basically made my own with a kit :shrug:

DSC_0032.jpg

A little tough to see here, but you get the idea. Bought it at Target during SZ05.

yea, bigdaddykane somthing as them in deutchland

It's from a 3yr old GB: GB #1 and GB #2

Mine is identical to Chattavegas's (black powdercoated frame with chrome writing).

Still in perfect shape!

Just under 1 year ago, click for a larger image:

Really old pic, from about 2.5 years ago:
tourenthusiast.jpg

Taken from a super cheap digicam I bought about 6 years ago. The plate was polished/chrome with powdercoat on top with laser cut (IIRC) for the design... so no, it's not all jagged like that!

Last edited:
I happened to find one like Kane's about a year ago for cheap, and that's on my SE. I have the chrome plated SVT plate frame on the SVT. I love them both! :cool: I hope you guys get this going, it's a great way to rep the site

ignoring the above, i think it would be cool if they made a ceg license plate that had the usual ceg stuff and your user name on the other end (top or bottom). that way if you ever saw a ceg plate and were like "hey! ceg! i wonder who he is on there?" btw, you would save a bunch of threads from being made saying " i saw this tour here, it was like this, was that anybody on here?" my $0.02

ignoring the above, i think it would be cool if they made a ceg license plate that had the usual ceg stuff and your user name on the other end (top or bottom). that way if you ever saw a ceg plate and were like "hey! ceg! i wonder who he is on there?" btw, you would save a bunch of threads from being made saying " i saw this tour here, it was like this, was that anybody on here?" my $0.02

hahaha thats a good idea having the user name on there!! i just wish i could spend the money on this right now. o well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back