• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Focus SVT rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since so many people are getting the new brake upgrade kit, I figure I would help you out and offer a special discount on the Focus SVT front rotors.

2M5Z-1125-AA is the part #. If you visit www.teamfordparts.com and go to the Group Buy section under Contour and you will see it.

Or try this link,
http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...fo&PartID=377007&siteid=214270&catalogid=4014

I will say this for those rotors....they are awesome quality!

They are already grooved for gas slotting and dust control from the factory and of course plated with whatever quality plating Ford uses. I really liked them and if you can spring the coin I'd recommend them.

Hey Bill, you send off my piston rings yet??? :D

These are slotted? Maybe I am misunderstanding you War. Basically, what do you mean by "grooved for gas slotting?" I was looking around for SVT Focus rotors today and these actually seem a bit high for blanks, but maybe they arent.

Not sure what Tom is getting at w/ the slotting comment . . .

But in regards to price, they may be a little high compared to some of the junk aftermarket rotors out there (and by and large they are all junk) but it is an excellent price for OEM rotors, where the material properties and rust preventative coating (can't remember which one it is on the FSVT rotor, but its either geomet or dacromet, both good rotor coatings) and machining quality are controlled to much higher specifications than your typical aftermarket parts.

So these will not rust like the CSVT rotors? I'd hate to do this big brake upgrade, have these nicely painted calipers, and then 2 weeks later have a rusty rotor hat.

Mark

Well, you can't say they will never rust, because it is just an applied coating that can be scratched off, but they will be much better than the typical aftermarket rotor that uses an oil based coating to prevent rust during shipping, because those will just wash right off, or burn off the first time you get the rotor hot.

I'm not concerned with the surface rusting with rain or car washes. That will come off with the first time I brake. It's the rotor hats, and the outside edge of the rotors that look ugly with the rust. Having a sweet black powdercoated wheel mating up to a rusty rotor hat = :(

Maybe I should just buy these, and have them zinc/nickel/cadmium plated.

Mark

If you want the premium Napa SVTF rotors zinc washed let me know. Eurotour is having some done in black to see what they look like.

Not sure what Tom is getting at w/ the slotting comment . . .

But in regards to price, they may be a little high compared to some of the junk aftermarket rotors out there (and by and large they are all junk) but it is an excellent price for OEM rotors, where the material properties and rust preventative coating (can't remember which one it is on the FSVT rotor, but its either geomet or dacromet, both good rotor coatings) and machining quality are controlled to much higher specifications than your typical aftermarket parts.

They have circular grooves, concentric circles from the inside to the outside of the rotor surface area. I liked them a lot because they looked damn good and performed very well.

The are not slotted as in diagonal slots.

At this point there is no end to the special. I would think it will take a little while for everyone to get there calipers and such. Just be sure to buy them in the Groub by section since I do have special pricing on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back