• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: New Idea For Turn Indicators on Mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tredse1

CEG'er
I was looking at my side mirror and noticed that there is plenty room between the glass and the outer housing for some LEDs...I have a spare mirror(that will be for sale soon) that i will use to see what i can come up as far as fitment and such. I plan to just run a row verticaly next to the mirror...any other ideas?

IC:

--Would anybody else be interested in buying a set if it works out?

--What color do you guys think would look best? Mabey make them avaliable in a variety?

--Any ideas or advice?

--Is there any major mirror differance amoung the years/trims?

--What would you all think to be a fair price range for these if successful?

I plan to take a pic of the mirror soon which i will edit to show my idea.

--What color do you guys think would look best? Mabey make them avaliable in a variety?

Good luck!!!! and stick with Orange/Amber bulbs, I had blue LED turn signals in the mirrors of one of my old cars for a month and I got pulled over 3 times!

i was thinking amber myself,but thought i'd seen them oem on some vehicles in red and green also...cud be wrong tho:shrug: , honestly never thought of blue.

i think it would look ok however i dont know how your going to run the wiring. at the very least you will have to run one wire through the mirror housing connector, behind teh door panel, through the door jam connector and then either find the correct wire under the dash to tap into or run it through the firewall to tap into one of the turn signals.

so he did, i found some stuff on it, but i'm still gonna do it anyway...mabey i can come up with a better or at least differnet look.:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back