• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Replacement Leather Steering Wheel Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an email I received from Wheelskins...

Jim @ Wheelskins said:
Hi Mike,

The Size that fits the Ford Contour is SIZE C. We could offer a group price
for 10 or more at $33.03 each, for any color original Wheelskin. Please
contact me and I will facilitate your order. We can also send the actual
leather color samples so that you could see which colors would be best.

Jim Valley
Wheelskins, Inc.

The original wheel cover normally costs $44.95

Last edited:
HA! Screw their offer... I just found a middle man supplier that can sell us the original Wheelskin cover for $28.95 before I even asked them about a Group purchase! I'll update you guys as I find out more!

I got a KILLER price! I'm just going to start a new thread so it's not jumbled... I started one HERE

Last edited:
Sorry guys I have been very busy with a number of things and the holidays... I still haven't found the exact match for the leather... Leather ones are not out of the question for any one wanting a stock replacement leather cover with stitching similar to factory steering wheel...

I will try to get this going hopefully within 2 weeks time ;)

I put my name in on the other GB cuz I thought this one fizzled. Nima, if your leather match seems to be a better match than the other one, then I will come back. I'll have to see yours first to make up my mind.

I put my name in on the other GB cuz I thought this one fizzled. Nima, if your leather match seems to be a better match than the other one, then I will come back. I'll have to see yours first to make up my mind.

I started the other one for the same reason :shrug:

However for that price and what they have to offer its going to be hard to beat. I already ordered the leather swatches to compare for myself I would suggest everyone else do the same to see how it matches on your own interior. Don over at DC CarCare is giving us one helluva a deal.

absolutley the new GB is a killer deal, no doubt. But I'm of the type that likes it to look exactly like stock and will pay a higher price for what in my opinion is a better quality replacement simply because it would look just like stock instead of a condom. No offense.

absolutley the new GB is a killer deal, no doubt. But I'm of the type that likes it to look exactly like stock and will pay a higher price for what in my opinion is a better quality replacement simply because it would look just like stock instead of a condom. No offense.

Well ask Wheelskin Inc for a free set of leather swatch samples and see how it matches up for yourself I guess... I didn't think the blue was that far off where it would be noticeable :shrug:

I wasn't talking about color though, I was talking about the fit and finish aspect, the way it looks. Granted, wheelskins are the best looking aftermarket options for wheel covers that i have ever seen, but my point was directed at the difference between a "cover" and a "replacement". I would pay more for a "replacement" option to keep the stock look because that is important to me.

I don't want a cover to cover the cover. I want to replace the original cover. I think that the original looks really nice and the pictures of the wheelskins look bulky and an ill formed after thought.:shrug:

Maybe I should go find a wheel at the wrecking yard and see if I can remove the cover and recut a new one. Does anyone know where to buy pre-died leather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back