• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Engine Cover GB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Shop

CEG'er
Here we go again on our Carbon Fiber Engine Covers for 98 and up Contours! We offer engine covers in regular black, red and blue carbon fiber.
The regular Black Carbon Fiber Covers will be $150.00 and $20.00 for the shipping for a total of : $170.00 Shipped

The Red and Blue Carbon Fiber Covers will be $180.00 and $20.00 for the shipping for a total of $200.00 shipped.
S5001475.jpg

S5001508.jpg

S5001504.jpg

The shipping cost is only for the lower 48 states.
Shipping will go as followed to any other state or international destination.
Canada, Alaska & Hawaii:$30.00
Europe & Asia:$40.00
I would like to get as many people as we can up until March 31. That will be the cut off date for the buy. So it will give everyone about 3 weeks to get in on these custom engine covers.
Thanks
Justin B

Last edited:
Yes this is the begining of a new buy/list for anyone that would like to get in on these. If you couldn't before then this is a good time to make it happen.

No the silver is actually textilium which is stiff and has to be baked into a mold to turn out right. If we were to try and put that stuff in our vacuum mold it wouldn't go down like it should and would turn out lookin pretty crappy. So for now we are doing black, red and blue. If there are a couple of other people that would like to get some other color I can get some but I will have to have payment to order the material for the parts.
I think there is green, purple, pink, white, orange, yellow and 2 others that I will have to check on if anyone is interested.
Thanks
Justin B

There are certain chemicals in the carbon that you have to add to the mix to get colored fiber. If you were to dye it, I don't think it would come out right. Every type of carbon or carbon/kevlar that you see was made that way in the begining.

I know we had more people that wanted to get this at the time of the other gb that couldn't.
Right now would be a great time to do so if you didn't have the chance earlier!!!

We have literally put a heat gun to the backs of these engine covers and gotten them up to 300 degrees plus!!! It turned the fiberglass on the back of the cover brown and alagatored the clear but nothing really that noticable. The fogging that I have seen (on only one out of the 50 we sold) can be buffed out. Very simple fix, if it does indeed happen.
Thanks
Justin B

Come on guys buy these, I just bought another red weave one, thier stuff is awsome and if they sell, they may make more stuff for us, isnt that what we have always wanted:shrug: I know I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back