• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Top Shop CF trunk PRE 98!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauxhawkFox

Hard-core CEG'er
I spoke with Justin at Top Shop about making a pre98 CF trunk. If you are serious about getting one put your name down. Just like a lot of other group buys the price will be a lot lower if there is more people.

Justins quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shop
If everyone would like to do this then I would ask a couple things of all that want to be included.
First I would need everyone to send in $50.00 to make some sort of commitment before anything. I just can't take the risk of making a part without a certain amont of people that really want it. Anyone can say that they want t part but when it comes to the time of purchase there just isn't enough people to cover the cost and the time that we put into making parts.
As far as me making the part that is no problem, the getting everyone together on one part is the biggest thing.

1. contourSVT99

I'm sure one thing a lot of people will be wanting to know about (and have an opinion on) is the lip spoiler. Would this lid have it molded in, have none, or have provisions to bolt one on. Personally, I probably can't get in on the buy, but I can see this being an issue for some people.

I think there should be a bolt on one....

This thing would look sick im not sure if i would put this on my car tho I like the Nascar style one.

- amyn

the spoiler should be a seperate item for those who want it that way your not forced into having one like the other carbon fiber lids

1. contourSVT99
2. CSVT#49
3. bagged

1. contourSVT99
2. CSVT#49
3. bagged
4. ryanblacksvt

I would prefer a bolt on lip spoiler as well. I am 1000000000000000% in for this gb.

1. contourSVT99
2. CSVT#49
3. bagged
4. ryanblacksvt
5. Excel4600c ( NO Molded Spoiler)

Hell yeah i was just thinking about this today.

A CF pre 98 trunk with a T-red painted spoiler. Thats what im thinking.

So it looks like everyone wants a stock pre98 trunk lid. Top Shop reminded me that the possibilities are endless.:drool:

But as of right now, it will just be a stock trunk lid, no spoiler. Unless we can all come to an agreement on what COULD go on it....but that wont happen:laugh:

So it looks like everyone wants a stock pre98 trunk lid. Top Shop reminded me that the possibilities are endless.:drool:

But as of right now, it will just be a stock trunk lid, no spoiler. Unless we can all come to an agreement on what COULD go on it....but that wont happen:laugh:

Endless possibilities can turn in to aborted fetal poop balls like the nascar trunk.

I almost feel like a cf 98+ trunk would look best. But if we go with the pre-98, would a CF spoiler be made as well? Could we possibly work a deal for both in the group buy? And I know the price can vary greatly, but is there a ballpark number for us people in college and tight on money?

I almost feel like a cf 98+ trunk would look best. But if we go with the pre-98, would a CF spoiler be made as well? Could we possibly work a deal for both in the group buy? And I know the price can vary greatly, but is there a ballpark number for us people in college and tight on money?

I would bet at least $300-$400. Thats about how much the other trunk cost.

you have to watch ebay...every now and than you'll find a auction that starts at like 199...just bid 199.50:shrug: thats all i did

you have to watch ebay...every now and than you'll find a auction that starts at like 199...just bid 199.50:shrug: thats all i did

eBAY CF trunk

This is the ony auction I've seen consistently.

On another note I'd like to have the option to purchase a CF lip spoiler. I don't think it would be to bad to organize this either. A lot of people are fans of the factory lip spoiler, but it would be interesting if we could have a spiced up version of the lip spoiler. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Saleen Mustang lip spoiler...

eBAY CF trunk

This is the ony auction I've seen consistently.

On another note I'd like to have the option to purchase a CF lip spoiler. I don't think it would be to bad to organize this either. A lot of people are fans of the factory lip spoiler, but it would be interesting if we could have a spiced up version of the lip spoiler. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Saleen Mustang lip spoiler...

If youre into that, just buy the trunk that is already out there. I think a stock post-98 trunk with a molded m3 style spoiler would look the BEST.

If youre into that, just buy the trunk that is already out there. I think a stock post-98 trunk with a molded m3 style spoiler would look the BEST.

What? The Saleen spoiler goes straight out, NOT straight up. In my opinion that current post 98 CF trunk spoiler is just nasty. The Saleen one is thin and staight back. Do I need to do a side by side comparions with pictures to show this to you?

As for post 98 trunk the whole reason most people go away from it is to get ride of the massive reflector that stretchs the whole back of the trunk. Right now there is no option for a pre98 CF trunk lid, which is why this GB will happen. Not to be a smarta$$ or anything, but check the title it does NOT say Top Shop CF trunk POST 98. We don't need another GB like the CF hood one. The only thing being debated in here is a spoiler option. I also think we should just leave it at that, an option. Because again if we try to mold anything it will turn into a huge debate with like 6 different polls.

So with all that said... I think we should leave this GB to just that a pre98 CF trunk lid. Nothing more. Open up another GB interest thread for just the spoiler. We can fight those battles in that thread and not clog up this one. The SHO guys had a GB just like this when they had their CF trunk made. The spoiler was sold seperate as a bolt on piece.

Last edited:
What? The Saleen spoiler goes straight out, NOT straight up. In my opinion that current post 98 CF trunk spoiler is just nasty. The Saleen one is thin and staight back. Do I need to do a side by side comparions with pictures to show this to you?

As for post 98 trunk the whole reason most people go away from it is to get ride of the massive reflector that stretchs the whole back of the trunk. Right now there is no option for a pre98 CF trunk lid, which is why this GB will happen. Not to be a smarta$$ or anything, but check the title it does NOT say Top Shop CF trunk POST 98. We don't need another GB like the CF hood one. The only thing being debated in here is a spoiler option. I also think we should just leave it at that, an option. Because again if we try to mold anything it will turn into a huge debate with like 6 different polls.

So with all that said... I think we should leave this GB to just that a pre98 CF trunk lid. Nothing more. Open up another GB interest thread for just the spoiler. We can fight those battles in that thread and not clog up this one. The SHO guys had a GB just like this when they had their CF trunk made. The spoiler was sold seperate as a bolt on piece.

The point of my post was saying that the saleen spoiler would be just as f'n ugly as the current trunk offered.

And I was simply making a suggestion because perhaps people like me would prefer a post-98 trunk. And yes there is one already offered, but didn't we all agree that it's ugly? Didn't you just say that yourself?

The point of my post was saying that the saleen spoiler would be just as f'n ugly as the current trunk offered.

And I was simply making a suggestion because perhaps people like me would prefer a post-98 trunk. And yes there is one already offered, but didn't we all agree that it's ugly? Didn't you just say that yourself?

As far as the Saleen spoiler being ugly that is just that your opinion and with respect to the post 98 CF trunk lid... start your own GB thread. This one is clearly for the pre98 CF trunk lid. If your not interested in the pre98 CF trunk don't post in it :shrug:

any hope of doing a post 98 without a molded wing? If not a pre 98 would be pretty sweet on my tour!:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back