• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Joe's Powder Co. (pricing listed inside)

I would call it a medium to dark blue. Not in stock but only takes a couple days, and what would you like to send to be coated?

my sneakers...

and my spare cam cover (blue) and my battery tie down (blue) and my header (high temp silver) and my...

I like the ford blue, but I really don't want it to look cartoonish...I like the hue, but not the gloss, if it were available in a satin/texture or wrinkle I'd go for it. I want to contrast w/ my black plastics when they are treated w/ CD2

The only thing that would probably work a little would be a very reflective high temp wet spray application. I don't think there would be a significant difference though..... I have a "chrome" high temp wet spray right now if you wanted to try something like that.

Not to take business from Joe, but the only heat reflecting/shedding coating I've seen is from 'swain tech', google them
-J

It's all good. Most applications that I can offer don't keep extra heat away, but only resist damage from heat. Sounds like bimi has the right idea or you need to get the intake tubes wrapped in something....

Not jet hot?
Not for heat 'reflecting or shedding' coatings, like Joe said most coatings just insulate or protect from outside heat. Jet Hot might have similar to Swain, but look at Swain Tech's site for what I'm talking about.

Joe, definitely wasn't trying to be stepping on you toes on this thread.
I still plan on sending you some work this winter. :)
-J

After reading the Swain Tech literature last year, I thought about having my turbine done and possibly the headers too whenever I get around to rust-proofing and re-routing the turbo pipes.

The performance gains of coating the engine internals is remarkable! Anybody doing a fully-built motor should consider it.

Joe, definitely wasn't trying to be stepping on you toes on this thread.
I still plan on sending you some work this winter. :)
-J
Love it - I would rather someone have the correct coating then for me to blow smoke up their pooper and they get the shaft in the long run. Your comments are 100% on for what he is asking. We're cool :cool:.

The bolt heads with solid colors (not textured) hold up good to most TQ-ing with no chips! They are really good actually. I will coat bolt heads for $.50 each.

I am still here!
Coating is not just for automotive parts. Door knobs, hinges, bicycle parts, light fixtures, tools, toys, etc.... If you have something old you want to make new again, I might be able to help.

color samples:
powdercoat141.jpg

dark blue and arctic cat green:
powdercoat139.jpg

safety yellow caliper brackets:
powdercoat137.jpg

military green caliper brackets:
powdercoat138.jpg

example of multi color applications:
powdercoat129.jpg

powdercoat136.jpg

up for a game of horseshoes?!:
powdercoat135.jpg

How much for:

-bike frame, needs to be blasted heavily, painted yellow
-handle bars, again blasted heavily, painted black
-bike fork, chrome blasted off, painted black

Is the big oven going to get hooked up now that the 3L is nearing completion? I have some big parts I think I want done.

I didn't know if anyone knew that I can accept credit cards through paypal. Keep that in mind when ordering ;)

Joe, quick question. If I were to send you a new set of Focus SVT calipers, would they need to be rebuilt to be powdercoated or just disassembled? Never done a caliper rebuild and I wasn't sure if the seals could be reused :shrug:. And how much would that cost?
Thanks, J

Back