• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

4-piston AP Racing caliper

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVT1878

New CEG'er
Hello all,

Just testing the ground here for a new group buy, I am looking for 4 piston caliper for my Contour SVT for a while and I contacted Brake-pros and here what they suggested (they need 10 requests):

The most economical, yet serious, upgrade would go to a one-piece. 330x30mm disc (13"). I would also call for a very stiff 4-piston AP Racing caliper, which performs better than most 6-pistons on the market today. This model is derived directly from a very successful racing caliper, but is now fitted with dust seals and an anti-rattle clip, making it streetable.

Huge assumption here, but if the front kit works out to something similar to what the Fusion needs (in the area parts list, not necessarily fitment), I would expect the Contour kit to sell for about $1800. Going to a 2-piece front disc assembly would take the kit up to about $2200-2300.

Any taker?

Thanks,

Rémi

I don't know how many people here would be willing to spend an extra $1000 for an AP brand caliper vs the already available 4 piston wilwood + 13" rotor kit. Just warning that it might be difficult to gain those needed people.

I assume this is for looks over function, although I am sure they will function very well.

For the money - you can't beat the Focus SVT brakes on the front and the upgraded brackets on the rear to run the 280mm rotors and get plenty of braking power. Take the money you save and invest in some good race/street pads as they make a huge difference.

All depends on what the goals are I guess. I should have taken you out on the track when we were in Shannonville in Aug to show you the difference it makes on the track when the brakes get up to temp. I have utmost confidence in my system now and can stop much faster than the stock car ever could.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back