• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Xcal and PRP GB *interest check*

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
I've got a contact right now willing to give us a deals on the SCT Xcal and PRP packages. Right now their price is $728 for both without a GB. I'm working out GB price right now, but I would like to know who all is interested. Thanks!

UPDATE: Pricing will be $679 for 1-9 purchases, $650 for 10+... thats a huge break. This is only for package deals with purchasing the XCal and PRP. I'm still working on individual prices.

1. CSVT#49

Last edited:
Just heard back from the company with updated pricing... see initial post for details... it's a dang good deal if you ask me.

i might be interested if i could get just the PRP since i already have an Xcal2

edit: it would have to be less than $350 since i know i can get it for that price at several places.

This would most likely be for the Xcal3. However yes I am investigating if they are willing to seperate the two out such that people can get discounts on just the Xcal3 and the PRP. When I hear back from them I will update the thread.

I just heard back from the company and they will sell the XCal and PRP seperately at a discount of 5-10% off retail depending on how many people buy in.

Just FYI, I think SCT tuning is great and have experience with the Xcal2.
I'm just wondering why would want or need the extra cost of the PRP?
Unless you really have extensive mods and know how to tune well (very important), you can do more harm than good with the PRP.
For my cars, I'd get a tune by a pro on an Xcal3 and save some money and feel safer. It can store 3 tunes (maybe 5 with the 3, not sure) and you can modify parameters to a degree even w/o the PRP.
Not trying to be negative, just want to know why you'd need the PRP.
-J

Not trying to be negative, just want to know why you'd need the PRP.
-J

Because spending 40 hours on a dyno to tune a car can cost a lot of money, where as spending 40 hours on the street tuning just costs gas. :shrug:

Dude, 40hrs.? Unless you're combo is way out there, and I don't see too many SVTCs that apply, thats alot of time.
I'd say buy a tuned Xcal 3, which datalogs, and send datalogs back to tuner for small changes.
From my experiences you can get a good tuner to do an SCT tune on a dyno (with some street time) for about $500 and most will make changes for you based on datalogs you send back.
Just my experience :shrug:
-J

500 plus you xcal3 = 850+
prp +xcal3=..a good bit less than 850,plus you'll never have to pay for someone to make small changes when ever you change mods:shrug:

Dude, 40hrs.? Unless you're combo is way out there, and I don't see too many SVTCs that apply, thats alot of time.
I'd say buy a tuned Xcal 3, which datalogs, and send datalogs back to tuner for small changes.
From my experiences you can get a good tuner to do an SCT tune on a dyno (with some street time) for about $500 and most will make changes for you based on datalogs you send back.
Just my experience :shrug:
-J

Sounds like a big waste of time, getting some garbage mail tune from someone who doesnt really do contours. Datalogging, emailing, downloading, uploading, datalogging, emailing, downloading, uploading.

Or you could take a note from barge the tweecapotomus who was making more power back in the day with a 2.5 and self tuning then some of the :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty 3 liters around now!

500 plus you xcal3 = 850+
prp +xcal3=..a good bit less than 850,plus you'll never have to pay for someone to make small changes when ever you change mods:shrug:
I didn't mean 500 + the cost of the tuner. I could get my Cobra dyno tuned w/ an Xcal2 for $575-600.
The thing your overlooking though is that I doubt very many can tune well enough to take advantage of the PRP---you can change almost everything. That can do more harm than good unless you know REALLY know what your doing.
Do you guys feel comfortable building a complete custom tune for your own ride?
I don't.
I'd feel more comfortable having a professional tuner do a few tunes on a dyno and street and be able to adjust that tune within the parameters of the Xcal2/3 or datalog and have the tuner change things. You still change change significant parameters from an already built tune---timing, % fuel, specific rpm ranges, etc. If the tune is close you really shouldn't need more adjustments than a few degrees timing and small fuel changes.
Just my opinion, even with the GP $728 is alot of coin and even then you really have to know what your doing.
-J

I don't.
I'd feel more comfortable having a professional tuner do a few tunes on a dyno and street and be able to adjust that tune within the parameters of the Xcal2/3 or datalog and have the tuner change things. You still change change significant parameters from an already built tune---timing, % fuel, specific rpm ranges, etc. If the tune is close you really shouldn't need more adjustments than a few degrees timing and small fuel changes.
Just my opinion, even with the GP $728 is alot of coin and even then you really have to know what your doing.
-J

And thats why you wont be purchasing a PRP. Some of us however require the versatility of the full package.... So, stop trying to convince everyone they don't need it.:shrug:

i dont know one thing about tuning. but if i read books, and read the manual for it. i can make small changes at a time and see how it goes. i might be in depends if im allowed to buy.

now can i tune more then 1 car with the xcal3 and prp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back