• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Subframe Connectors interest check

Status
Not open for further replies.

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
theyre baack, and for a limited time only. :laugh:

j/k. ive been getting a PMs/emails lately about these things. i wonder what has sparked the re-newed interest.

we (johntheSHOguy and I) did the awesome groupbuy about 2 years ago that was tremendously successful. everyone got their sets quickly. no 2 year waits here baby! :cool:

just wanted to see if there was enough interest to get another GB going. not that we'd start this immediately because we do all the cutting/welding outside and the weather has not been good for this lately, yes, even in CA :rolleyes::laugh:

same price, same product. $150 shipped to your door, even to our Moose-loving neighbors to the north. id LIKE to have at least 20 people in order to go through all of this again but we miiight be able to do it with less. i have to check again to see what the minimum order was to have the steel delivered to John's house.

just an interest check....dont start worrying about another GB to save up $ for :laugh:

intersted

EDIT: Closed ends or open ends?

open ends. per John, it wouldnt help any to have them closed in. it would just trap the moisture in. im sure we could do some closed in sets for those that really want them for a few bucks extra. it would require us buying some extra metal and of course a bit more welding time.

let me just get a potentially interested list going to see what kind of numbers we're possibly looking at.

just quote the list, add your name and any "depends on" you may have. feel free to ask any questions or bring up any concerns as well. this is just an interest check thread.

also feel free to mention it on NECO or FCO.

1. 69Boss302 (depending on closed end??)
2. 95pgt-t

I'll cross post this on NECO for you, because I think we finally have a few people with these on their rides [lol I did enjoy almost 2 years of being the only cougar with them], so we should definitely have a few people interested.

search noob:laugh: they stiffen the body,and give a good spot to jack from:cool:

They certainly do help when it's time to put it up in the air. Even with a drop it makes it easy to work with. I have some on my 99 and it does ride much better than one without a set.

Awesome product, makes a great spot to jack the car up by and stiffen the ride giving a solid feel. Well worth the money. Make sure when you install them that the car is on a lift with the tires on a roller lift. If you weld them with the tires hanging it will throw the car out of balance when put back on the ground, Just FYI for people out there. -B.

I have a set on my Silver SVT and love them. It's the best "mod" I've done!
These make it super simple to jack the car up, it's nice and easy to find a safe spot for the jack.

When I had them installed the guy told me that I wouldn't notice any difference in the handling unless I was exceeding the speed limit. Not so, I noticed the difference the first time I hugged a corner at normal speeds. It held tight, stiffens up the body but not in a harsh way.

Just for the fact that it is so much easier to jack the car up, I'm getting a set for the Black SVT.

If you've thought about these when Steve held the last GB, now is your chance. You won't be sorry.

Last edited:
I might be interested depending on when the opffical group buy opens and ends. :shrug: Hopfully after my engine swap, cuz then id be in.

I might be interested depending on when the opffical group buy opens and ends. :shrug: Hopfully after my engine swap, cuz then id be in.

Taking spelling and grammar lessons from your girlfriend? :laugh:

These are definitely a great product. I bought mine in the last group buy and they came fast and are made top quality. Unfortunately I never got around to installing them and ended up selling. :(

Taking spelling and grammar lessons from your girlfriend? :laugh:

These are definitely a great product. I bought mine in the last group buy and they came fast and are made top quality. Unfortunately I never got around to installing them and ended up selling. :(

No, i dont have firefox to fix it for me. When im at school. :blackeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back