• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Evo hood interest check

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilCe98

Hard-core CEG'er
I contacted Extreme Dimensions about the possibilty of a group buy and here was their response;

Thanks for your inquiry. We currently do not make any hoods for the 98-00 Contour but I have forwarded your request onto my product development team and they will definitely take it into consideration. The best thing to do in the meantime is to get a head count of who is able to go into a group buy and let us know so that I can bring the subject up with my upper management in order to help get the ball rolling faster.

So basically who is actually interested in getting an evo hood. I'm not sure about the cost as yet. I'm just looking for a head count. For anyone new to the hood here is one in fiberglass

2125716_6_full.jpg

1)
2)
3)

you know this is a funny coincidence. i was just on the phone with my new "sales rep" who will be repping True Forged on a few forums. he has worked with Extreme Dimensions quite a few times before and will be having some custom hoods and bumpers made for the vette crowd. i was thinking of doing the same for the contours, if there was enough interest. i dont want to step on your toes for this GB so ill let you work this one out. let me know if you need any assistance as i live rather "close" to this shop (about 50-60 miles away).

i was thinking of having them fab up some other parts as well but ill start another thread.

nothing good has ever come from trying to produce the evo hood again ...........let it go.

you know this is a funny coincidence. i was just on the phone with my new "sales rep" who will be repping True Forged on a few forums. he has worked with Extreme Dimensions quite a few times before and will be having some custom hoods and bumpers made for the vette crowd. i was thinking of doing the same for the contours, if there was enough interest. i dont want to step on your toes for this GB so ill let you work this one out. let me know if you need any assistance as i live rather "close" to this shop (about 50-60 miles away).

i was thinking of having them fab up some other parts as well but ill start another thread.

You won't be stepping on any toes. I'm just doing this because I said I would look into it. If you can get your friends to buy the mold from Extreme Dimensions I think that would be great

we'd need an actual EVO hood though to make the new mold. at least that would make 1000x easier for them. i dont know (as of yet) what it would take to fab something up from thin air.

i would love to have one of these hoods but im also waiting to see what Nautilus' supercharger kit comes out like. id hate to order up one of these hoods and then it doesnt clear the blower :blackeye:

im just doing some research into all of this right now. no promises yet. there's still much more that i need to find out....

Why the hell does Extreme Dimensions need to send the suggestion to the product development team? It's already been made by them before.

I have a brand new Extreme Dimensions EVO hood sitting here in my basement. :shrug:

Why the hell does Extreme Dimensions need to send the suggestion to the product development team? It's already been made by them before.

I have a brand new Extreme Dimensions EVO hood sitting here in my basement. :shrug:

Maybe they'd have to repair the mold they have or make a new one, and they want to make sure they will get their money back before going through that trouble:shrug: I'm not sure

our of all the hoods i definately would love to have an evo hood out of all the others.

depending on the price i would definately get one

That just looks wrong. a curvy hood and halfway through it you cut a rectangle in it. No, it has horrible flow.

how about we keep this thread for the people who like this hood and for the GB intrest, not to tell why you dont like it and ect.... dont like it? dont post in the thread clutting it up for the people who do like it.

back on track please.

Maybe they'd have to repair the mold they have or make a new one, and they want to make sure they will get their money back before going through that trouble:shrug: I'm not sure

That is exactly the case. I talked with them on the phone and that's what he told me.

So is this going to happen? I see a lot of talk but can we get an exact number either how much we'd have to pay or how many people we'd need to make this worthwhile to them? I'm sort of interested depending on price.

So is this going to happen? I see a lot of talk but can we get an exact number either how much we'd have to pay or how many people we'd need to make this worthwhile to them? I'm sort of interested depending on price.

Well first I need a head count. Then if I can get a good number than they'll talk to their people about pricing. After that they'll talk back to us. If you are interested in the least put your name on the list.

Wow this is weak. Apparently no one else wants an evo style hood. The cool thing is we're gonna get about 30 threads between now and June with people asking where they can find an aftermarket hood or something to that affect.

I wanted one but have already made a deal to pick one up since the other threads just didn't seem like they were ever going to get off the ground! If you guys get one made up in CF Maybe colored I might pick up another, I'm watching & waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back