• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT Mirko Skidplate Oficial GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Product specs:

CNC laser cut to exact design specifications (I'm doing the CAD work on this, those that know my work know this will not disappoint in fit)
5052 aluminum construction, for superior strength and corrosion resistance
1/8" thickness
Will follow front edge of splitter very closely, so it won't be highly visible
Mounts with (5) 1/4-20 fasteners(not visible when installed on car)
Fastening Hardware included

Pricing+shipping:

Qty (1-9) plate order: $127.20 ea. ($21.20 lower than I.C. price)
Qty (10+) plate order: $72.70 ea. 44% lower cost!!!! ($17.17 lower than I.C. price)

**these prices hold at the fabricator until 11/10/2007**

**GB ends 11/2/07**​

A $20 deposit will be required after the prototype is produced and before final order placement. This is only to eliminate those who say "I want one" and then never pay up after the order. My margin on this is too small to risk people backing out post-order.

If we can get a commit to buy from (10) people, I'll have one made and test-fit to my Mirko, and make any necessary changes before production of the final pieces.

GB is closed...participant status listed below.

1. BrApple - shipped
2. CSVT1214 - shipped
3. Matty K - shipped
4. Schattastic SVT - shipped
5. Berkel - shipped
6. LUCA - shipped
7. Buckshot77 - shipped
8. TeamSVTour - shipped
9. Trhlz1222 - shipped
10. Ft.WorthSVT - shipped
11. Removed from GB
12. hotdimmes - shipped
13. wa2tuff - shipped
14. Dino Macri - total paid - awaiting shipping
15,16. Dion(2) - total paid - awaiting shipping

Last edited:
If we can get a commit to buy from (10) people, I'll have one made and test-fit to my Mirko, and make any necessary changes before production of the final pieces.

The skid plate has been designed to protrude from the front edge of the Mirko 3/16" and it tapers back into the Mirko for a smooth flowing look and the back corners.

If you paint the edge black you won't even know it's there.

What's shipping gonna be on this bad boy?

I'm down for sure.

1. brapple
2. CSVT1214 (at 10+ orders)
3. Matty K
4. Schattastic SVT
5. Berkel (at 10+ orders)

It will be light, but wide. I'm going to ship it in a cardboard sleeve via UPS so it should be relatively cheap. Shipping quotes can be given once orders are placed.

I shipped an SVT under tray to BrApple some time ago this way and as i recall it wasn't very expensive because of the light weight.

5 more people and I order my prototype. There is a 10-15 day lead time once i place my prototype order so if we get 10 on the list today i'll have something to show you guys before the end of the month.

~Josh

Last edited:
Did I send that USPS? I thought it was UPS. USPS might be cheaper just because they only consider weight. I can look into it further when i get some time.

1. brapple
3. Matty K
4. Schattastic SVT
6. LUCA

The 10+ order price would be nice but I'm in either way.
Thanks for all your hard work on this Josh.

Will the included fasteners be stainless steel? It's not a make or break but I'd want s/s.

Stainless bolts with zinc plated washers and nuts. Stainless on stainless tend to bind terribly, the bolt heads may scrape the ground, so I'm staying away from zinc plated on those as the heads would rust quickly once the coating wears off.

1. brapple
3. Matty K
4. Schattastic SVT
6. LUCA
7. Buckshot77
8. TeamSVTour (at 10+)

I want one even though I don't have a mirko. I'm so bad with buying limited run things for our cars that I don't necessarily need. We'll see if you have trouble making it to ten...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back