Sho Source Big Bore LIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sho Source Big Bore LIM

So this is a post wondering who would be interested in a SHO Source big bore LIM. If we get a group together, it helps on price. Need 5 people. The question would be would people want to have new LIM that are machined and bored, or send your current LIM in to be machined and bored. Price for a new manifold machined is $350, to ship one to them and have it machined is $200. Please leave interest and which choice you want to do. Thank you.

Not sure why I would show interest in dismantling my engine for something whose benefits I am unfamiliar with. Could you elaborate?

Comment

I'm interested for sure. I'd be open to either new or my current, but I'd prefer new.

Comment

How beneficial is it to have a bored out LIM? Can't see how it would offer decent gains without ported heads, but I could be wrong. Might be interested.
        Jeremy
        #1295/2760 '99 svtc amazon green
        #6450/6535 '98.5 svtc silver frost

Comment

am running a 3l port matched and i would have thought the biggest restriction i have at the moment will be the svt upper manifold

Comment

All information about the manifold are in the links. Provided.

They actually have an option to buy a new manifold that is bored out from them for $350, or send yours in and they will do it for $199. It just all depends on how many people I can get to do one or the other. They require a minimum of 5 to group buy.

It is highly recommended to have your UIM bored to match the bore size of theirs, but it's like boring a port matched 3l And if you've portmatched a 3l then you can do the UIM the same way. Along with heads.

For maximum gain you can do a if you have a 65mm throttle body as well.

But they bore the primary and secondaries ports, and laser cut new stainless butterflies for the secondaries.
            http://www.shosource.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=11_12_71&products_id=173

Comment

I read the description and still have no idea why I might want to do this.

Comment

I have a extra lim. I would like to use my core. I am in. Eventually going forced induction so now is a good time to open up a bit.
                1998 sil fro port matched 3L

Comment

The reason for doing it is to allow more air into the motor.

Comment

I guessed that much, but not all members here are automotive experts.

Let me be more pointed: I have a basically stock 2.5. What kind of HP gains might I see - or is this only for built/forced induction motors?

Comment

Most people will state to get the maximum efficiency out of it, your going to want to have the UIM bored, the heads bored, and get a optimized or mustang throttle body. As well as a tune. As forth HP I'm not sure on a number but their will be a deference because this allows for more air in the motor at anytime and allows for a larger amount of air then stock when the secondaries open. It is a good mod if you are thinking of doing forced induction, but me I just want it for better air flow in my 3l. Plus I'm hoping to only do 1 or 2 more things before I go and get it tuned. once that happened a then it will definitely be worth the upgrade.

Comment

So so far it it looks like:

1. Thomas LaPrade
                        2. Brandon
                        3. JKYoder
                        4. Mdgeist23
                        5. Captastic
                        6. Lost racer
                        7. guillengello

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas LaPrade View Post
                          So so far it it looks like:

1. Thomas LaPrade
                          2. Brandon
                          3. JKYoder
                          4. Mdgeist23
                          Yo hello...3rd post. I'm def in...

Comment

Sorry, ok you're added

Comment

See if they will drop the price even more for 10+ I too am showing a polite interest. I also think we should do a Max Extrude UIM GB so we can actually reap gains from this mod.
                              98 SilverFrost SVT- '04 3L Hybrid built by Buckeye SVT's Stage3Motorworks
                              Terry Haines built trans. w/ Quaife LSD, updated shift forks, tower mod, Modded just ask!
                              You just made Baby Jesus Cry-Dominic (Mods)

Comment

Working...
                              X