• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

INTEREST CHECK AUSSIE SUN SHADE

SVTDEMON

CEG'er
I am just gauging the interest on Aussie Sun Shades? Yes these are copies of the original , exact copies. I am just seeing what kind of interest there would be. I need atleast 10 people interested before I do anything.

I say the end date on this is 12\25\15 , I will get more info up after 10 people have show interest

Can you provide any more details? What is the ballpark price? Who is making them? What would the time frame be to have them made and delivered? What material will these made out of? Same as the original or will these need to be painted, etc? Have any pictures of a reproduction and how it fits on the car? Have any photos showing a reproduction compared to an original?

Where did the mold come from? Can or will it be adjusted to better fit the rear window?

I might be interested, possibly for two even.

Last edited:
You will get plenty of interest, but like BrApple said, we gotta know lots of details before we are really interested. That said, I am interested too.

Can you provide any more details? What is the ballpark price? Who is making them? What would the time frame be to have them made and delivered? What material will these made out of? Same as the original or will these need to be painted, etc? Have any pictures of a reproduction and how it fits on the car? Have any photos showing a reproduction compared to an original?

Where did the mold come from? Can or will it be adjusted to better fit the rear window?

I might be interested, possibly for two even.

Price as of right now is To be determined on whether this is done as a group buy or a single piece by piece basis. I will have pics of the original and 2 prototypes in a day or 2. They will be made out of fiberglass, attempting to recreate in thermo plastic was beyond my budget. I will have specifics up also with the pics. I am already at production level. With that being said I am making them.

The only drawback is the original mounting hardware for the aussies was very unique. I am working on a few options as to mounting as we speak. More to come.

Attachments

• 12188084_10205395710076752_531752759516387957_o.jpg
    12188084_10205395710076752_531752759516387957_o.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
No Title

The mold was created after I had talked my brother into taking the chance of letting his original Aussie be used .

Due to unfortunate circumstances the original had got broke after the mold was made & after that I struggled for 2years to get anything done with them because the guy who it in his possession at the time stopped contacting me...

After a lot of help from another CEG member I was able to get the broke original & the mold tracked down & sent to Jason (SVT DEMON) who has not only perfected the mold he has also fixed the original.

It's been a long adventure to get to this point of having recreations made I'm just glad the project got put into proper hands & now the Aussies will be available again!!!

Attachments

• photo16471.jpg
    photo16471.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo16472.jpg
    photo16472.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1
  • photo16473.jpg
    photo16473.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo16474.jpg
    photo16474.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo16475.jpg
    photo16475.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1
The mold was created after I had talked my brother into taking the chance of letting his original Aussie be used .

Due to unfortunate circumstances the original had got broke after the mold was made & after that I struggled for 2years to get anything done with them because the guy who it in his possession at the time stopped contacting me...

After a lot of help from another CEG member I was able to get the broke original & the mold tracked down & sent to Jason (SVT DEMON) who has not only perfected the mold he has also fixed the original.

It's been a long adventure to get to this point of having recreations made I'm just glad the project got put into proper hands & now the Aussies will be available again!!!

I do apologize everyone my cpu took a dump. I am now rocking a new cpu. I will have details up this week. GB pricing and solo pricing. TYVM everyone for your interest.

Was the "newer" style ever fitted to a car and driven around a bit...

Im wondering being that these are fiberglass..if they will rattle and shake something fierce, that's a high pressure spot to be putting it..So the old may have been fine but fiberglass im guessing, is heavier than the previous stated material...and without mounting it fast to the car with bolts n such I would imagine these shaking like a leaf at highway speeds..

ask anyone with a WRX STI how much they like listening to their wing rattle around at higher speeds... Fiberglass sucks. That's all just my opinion. But im just wondering, thanks.

If all is well I would be interested

OK here is the deal. The parts are going to cost 150$ as a GB Pricing on CEG they will be 125$ they are perfect clones of the original. I estimate shipping with be 50$ via fed ex or UPS, cost me 75 to ship 3, but the box will be around the same size and they charge for Cubes in the industry. I will start a new post in the coming days. There will be a sign up. Then after enough have signed up. Deposits will then be taken 100$ buy in and the rest and shipping will be needed in 3-4 weeks when they are ready to ship. 100% American Made, no money going to foreign banks. I know that matters to some that drive American Cars.

Mounting will be on the owners discretion there are many ways to successfully mount these things. As any good search of CEG will show.

The options of color will be White or Black. Paint is at your discretion.

Rattles and Shakes, if mounted properly there should be know issues. There are members that mounted the originals with just mounting tape,. Weight is relatively the same, you will see in detail pics from a member that already owns 3. In the coming days. TY for your interest.

Back