• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1995 Contour SE V6 MTX "Cassandra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotwell

Veteran CEG'er
This is Lance's original "Cassandra" car. I've owned it for a few years...due to the repair needed and my financial situation, the car must go.

Specifications: SE V6 car with manual transmission, ABS, sunroof, leather interior, traction control (disabled)

The good:

Extensive mod list. Quaife LSD, SVT clutch and flywheel, updated 3rd synchro, DMD, SHO Shop Y-Pipe, SVT Cat-back exhaust, BAT E1 SVT Brake kit w/SS lines, Team Voodoo shift knob, Brad Noon optimized TB on an SVT UIM, SVT Airbox. That's the big stuff. There's lots more like Indiglo white/blue gauges with lit needles, rear dome light, fogs with parks, etc. I have a complete list.

Maintenance was always kept up. I just put in a new battery this year. I also replaced the pads and rotors with quality stuff. Oil regularly changed etc.

Sunroof works. Heat and A/C works. Power Steering works. All doors, locks and windows work.

Three (3) sets of rims included with the car. The original 15" 7 spoke rims are on the car. Yes, they fit over the SVT brakes. I have a set of 16" E0 SVT rims with center caps. I also have a set of 17" Ford Mondeo ST200 rims with center caps. All of them go with the car...will not separate.

The bad:

A spark plug hole was stripped out last year. Front cylinder head, middle plug. I performed a repair with a special kit from the parts store. It worked fine for about six months but now leaks by. The plug does not come out, it just leaks compression. The car runs and drives, but after a while it cooks the spark plug wire causing a misfire condition. It really needs to be repaired properly, either with a Time-Sert repair or a replacement cylinder head.

Airbag light is flashing.

Trunk has a leak...driver's side gets wet after heavy rain.

Front seats are worn.

Light scratches and dings consistent with an 18 year old car.

The car can be driven. I will gladly drive it to just about anywhere in the Portland area. Seattle might be a stretch...I might have a trailer available.

More photos:
http://s718.photobucket.com/user/shotwellm/slideshow/1995 SE Cassandra
DSC_0026.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back