• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale FS: 1999 CSVT, Silver Frost. 125k Needs TLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ 59Y

CEG'er
Title says it, a 99 CSVT, silver on dark blue as they all are lol.

Brief history, I bought the car in june from craigslist with the hopes of fixing it up. I've put a fair amount of time and money into it and it just has fought me every step.
The nagging problem right now that I can't seem to get around is a flashing cel for a misfire in 1,2,3 ..the list of what I've done to it follows.

About:
125,000 miles
Silver , decent paint no noticeable sunburn or blemishes except on the front bumper bottom corners
Dark blue interior, good shape. Except a tear in the drivers seat bolster, & Rear seats could use some conditioner, they are a little stiff,
Clean carfax
Sock except the parts listed below
Stock radio
Previous owner had put in tweeters on the side mirror covers
Kicker sub control on drivers right lower dash, not sure how much of this system is left never bothered to look
Aftermarket alrm, currently disabled x
Great A/C
B&m short throw(previous owner installed it)

New:
UIM gaskets
IAC
All 4 O2 sensors
Plugs
Wires
Roll resistors, front and rear
MSDS headers to replace clogged pre cats, has MIL eliminator a on it to compensate
MSDS Y pipe
And I took the accel coil out of my 00 and put it on there.
New radiator
New condenser for A/C

Problems:
Nagging misfire CEL for cyl. 1,2,3
2nd/3rd syncros gone (have to do a 3 count before shifting into those gears or it grinds)
Std contour grill (dunno previous owner did this)
Pulls slightly to the left under braking
Needs upper trans mount
Exhaust previous owner put on rubes rear bumper cut out on drivers side
Mild small areas of dash warp
Dent in trunk where the SVT emblem is and cracked reflector as a result of that dent
Crack in one side skirt, repairable with some patience
Missing jack caps
Tear in driver seat bolster
Sunroof motor stripped(surprise lol)
Dome light cover tabs broken off by previous owner
Missing fog lights(dunno previous owner again)

It runs really smooth no sign of a misfire, I've been driving it to and from work for the last week, motor feels good and seems strong, part of the reason I took the chance on fixing it is other than the exhaust and shifter it looked totally in molested, stock everything else. Carfax shows it with a clean title and as an Arizona car it's whole life, so no rust concerns at all.

Basically I don't have the patience to sort the misfire out, and with a recent purchase of a new DD I have too many cars at the house and need to get rid of them.

I think that's it,

As you should be able to see I'm trying to be as forward as possible to get this car gone for a fair price fairly fast.

The headers and y were over $1000 to get and have installed id like to get some of that money back, so I'll offer the whole car up with those on it for $1800 OBO
The car is in Mesa AZ, local pickup only,

Thanks for reading I hope it finds a good home and get fixed and driven, running around in this one made me really miss my 2000 I have sitting in the garage waiting for me to give it a fresh motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

FS: 1999 CSVT, Silver Frost. 125k Needs TLC

azedusab.jpg
e9yzevud.jpg
6ydy4y7y.jpg
adu4unug.jpg
durymamy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back