• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1999 3L Cougar FS DOES NOT RUN!!!

3.0L Cougar

New CEG'er
My cougar of about 8 years has to go. Here's some info on it.

1999 Mercury Cougar: $2,000 OBO
-150,000 miles on body
-41,000 miles on engine from 04 Ford Taurus
-12,000 miles on clutch
-MSDS Coated headers
-MSDS High flow cat
-Trubendz single exit exhaust
-After market 17" wheels with decent tires
-Full coilovers with koni struts
-CAI
-24lb injectors
-Tuned with SCT (222whp on a dynapack years back)
-stock lsd :(
-Interior is mint
-No front bumper (a bumper can be provided but it is the wrong color)
-AC system works but has a leak
-New radiator and fan

Here are a few pictures

There is some rust on the left rear quarter and also on the front left drip rail. Be sides that and a few dings/scratches here and there it's pretty straight.

I was daily driving the car for years and then one day it just wouldn't start. I'm thinking it has something to do with the PATS or a fuse. But this happened literally the day I got my new car so I just haven't had the motivation to even mess with it. I planned on swapping the 3L into my CSVT but again, the lack of motivation.

But this could be the perfect car for someone to pick up and fix one small thing and have a nice car. Or you can buy both this and my CSVT.

If you are interested or have any questions about this car or my CSVT please feel free to give me a call at (614)625-7296.

Thanks.

I'm going to start parting the car out Monday the 12th. So far I have offers on the msds headers, y pipe, high flow cat, cat back and 3.0L drop out. Nothing has sold yet though!!!

If I've sent you pm's with a price they have all changed. If anyone is interested in anything pm me asap. The only thing I'm keeping from the cougar now is the 3L engine and engine harness. Literally everything else has to go soon or it's going to the scrap yard. Pm me, post in here or do both for faster response time.

Thanks

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back