• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Trade FS/WTT: Super Clean - 1998.5 3L - Low Miles - New Everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkullV

Veteran CEG'er
***EDIT: I have gotten a few questions about an outright sale so I would let the car go for $7000 OBO. Keep in mind the mileage on the motor, trans, chassis and all the BRAND NEW suspension/body/chassis parts. I paid $8000 (plus shipping) for this car a few months ago and have put $1000 into it since then. With a small amount of work this car could be a show winner or be an uber-clean daily driver as is

Depending on the buyer's budget the car can be sold without certain items (Nav Radio, Radio Upgrade Modules, Tune, wheels/tires, etc.) to get the car into a more comfortable range!***

Decided I want to go in a different direction so putting this extremely clean 1998.5 Silver Frost CSVT up for sale. I just purchased it a few months ago and have put less than 2000 miles on it total. In total, I paid over $8000 for this car and have put over $1000 and 100 hours into it since I got it. All in all I don't feel like I would be too far off base saying it is one of the top 10 cleanest unmolested SVT Contours still on the road today. I am extremely picky and have gone over literally every inch of this car with a fine toothed comb. Almost every part of this car has been refurbished or replaced in one way or another. The Odometer says the chassis has 76,xxx miles, but the title (clean Indiana title) says exempt and the CarFax has conflicting readings. Either way, every wear part on this car has been replaced!

Here is the overall build sheet for the car at this point (I'm sure I'm missing things like chrome antenna base/sail panels, end links, etc.):

ScreenShot2013-05-08at93429PM_zpsee900c64.png

The parts that are uninstalled are going on this weekend save for the pulley. At that point the only things the car will need mechanically are the pulley swap (half hour labor) and new A/C o-rings on the compressor (leaks slowly still blows cold) but for the right trade I can take care of both before pick up.

Cosmetically, the car is in excellent shape. ZERO rust and a fresh repaint. The paint itself isn't flawless but I have put a TON of time into making it look amazing. There are also a few scratches/chips on the front/rear bumpers from normal city parking and the EAP FSVT wheels won't win any awards but they look pretty good and have brand new tires on them. If you are interested I can have the wheels sandblasted/powdercoated for $240. No cracks on the bumpers/skirts or structural damage anywhere on the car. Never been in an accident.

I am pretty open to trades but the types of car I am most interested in are: Subaru (Sedan or Hatch), SVT Focus, etc. I am more than happy to drive a few hours to come check out your potential trade if it is something I am interested. Feel free to PM me for more information or to make a trade/offer.

Pics (all within the last few weeks):

Before FSVT Wheels/Spoiler/Oval Overlays:

5d482847-236e-44c8-a0fa-e3ca9dcf2f98_zpsba70c12e-1.jpg

4e0534c6-ea8f-415f-a0b2-d2695aa9001a_zpsffc0e576.jpg

66f19404-a8ab-4bef-82e7-7971ede38f3f_zps7675326f.jpg

With Professionally Painted/Installed OEM spoiler (LED Light) and Oval Overlays:

19b7c4b2-f42c-4768-9e3f-f8fce2ad3fe1_zps7d6dee3c.jpg

d70c18cf-89e2-40b3-a855-84e22a0e73e5_zps1efba631.jpg

As she sits now:

d7f9ddce-53f3-4378-8616-cffa84a7345e_zps0a564ed2.jpg

f72b5c7a-a8f7-4943-ad34-7eb728fd984a_zpsaf7344ac.jpg

Engine Bay (pre-EGR delete):

66B25663-A928-4A20-993B-0B93DD592EFA-5933-00000468FEC12B7F_zps938d040b.jpg

Seat Detail (These seats are in great condition, but the car will also come with another set in even better condition for replacements later down the line!):

IMG_2025_zps6cda8ac3.jpg

IMG_2035_zps3b51d3e7.jpg

Why yes, you did read correctly, they are heated seats with High/Low settings:

IMG_2008_zps1b5796fa.jpg

Heated seats not enough modern comfort for your new daily driver?

How about Touchscreen Navigation:

IMG_2013_zps5fa26e02.jpg

HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, Direct Pandora Interface, iPhone Connectivity, AV Inputs, SD Card, and USB Interface:

IMG_2015_zps925cf22e.jpg

Backup Camera (installed to activate instantly whenever shifter is in reverse):

IMG_2016_zpsdc5a7524.jpg

Bump, I can now safely say that there are ZERO vacuum leaks, and zero fluid leaks of any kind in this car. It does still need new AC o-rings but the AC blows ice cold and no refrigerant has been added in over a month. (If necessary new o-rings can be installed and system can be PROPERLY evacuated and filled for $100 or less).

The car runs like a champ and is ready for a new home! I have gotten a few questions about an outright sale so I would let the car go for $7000 OBO. Keep in mind the mileage on the motor, trans, chassis and all the BRAND NEW suspension/body/chassis parts. I paid $8000 (plus shipping) for this car a few months ago and have put $1000 into it since then. With a small amount of work this car could be a show winner or be an uber-clean daily driver as is!

Depending on the buyers budget the car can be sold without certain items (Nav Radio, Radio Upgrade Modules, Tune, wheels/tires, etc.) to get the car into a more comfortable range. If the asking price is paid it will also come with a like new OEM driver's side headlight, aftermarket passenger side headlight, and a bunch of other OEM parts I have sitting around.

PM me for more info!

Interior pictures added. Car will get ANOTHER full interior detail with 303 Products before car is picked up at the buyers request (it doesn't need it though). I doubt you can find a cleaner SVT Contour for sale anywhere!

Price is somewhat flexible. Make me a realistic offer. The worst I can say is no! Could also find myself interested in a Miata or something or a motorcycle (not crotch rocket) for either a straight trade for + cash for the Contour depending on condition.

Man I can't win! List the car for what it's worth and people say its too expensive, try and unload it cheap and people are concerned about why its so cheap. Someone steal this car off me for $6500 with every spare part I have please!

Man I can't win! List the car for what it's worth and people say its too expensive, try and unload it cheap and people are concerned about why its so cheap. Someone steal this car off me for $6500 with every spare part I have please!

Tell me about it! Good luck with sale

Washed her today, what a clean car!

null_zpsc5a2c496.jpg

Here are most of the extra parts that come with the car. The car doesn't need all of them (or any of them) so sell some and get the car even cheaper!

null_zps0be49e1b.jpg

• Like New OEM Driver's Side Headlight
  • Like New Aftermarket Passanger Side Headlight
  • Extra Mystique Trunk Panel Cover (Rare and car already has one!)
  • Brand New OEM Sunroof Seal
  • Brand New OEM Waterpump Cam Drive Pulley
  • Brand New PRT (Pole120) Rear End Links/Bushings
  • Brand New Thermostat/O-ring (Car doesn't need it)
  • Very Clean OEM Grille (No Cracks)
  • 2 extra Jack Point Covers
  • 2 Extra Tail Lights (need foam gaskets)
  • Cupholder Upgrade
  • Full Set of OEM Service Manuals
  • Post 98 Sail Panels
  • Air Intake Snorkel
  • OEM Resonator
  • OEM IMRC Cover
  • Various other small odds and ends

I dont know if this is any consolation, but I feel obligated to say something. The car is a testament to good ownership and maintenance. I suspect you are running into the problem of people wanting the satisfaction of wanting to do things on their own rather than people wanting to low-ball you.

When were you at Purdue ?

Mad Dog

I dont know if this is any consolation, but I feel obligated to say something. The car is a testament to good ownership and maintenance. I suspect you are running into the problem of people wanting the satisfaction of wanting to do things on their own rather than people wanting to low-ball you.

When were you at Purdue ?

Mad Dog

Boilermakers Class of '09. Just graduated from Law School at Loyola University Chicago.

Putting the car on Craigslist today even though I HATE dealing with Craigslist people.

Tomorrow night at 8PM this car will finally be sold! The buyer already has the cashiers check ready. I just need to go get all the spare parts, get an alignment, and sign the title!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back