• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 98.5 SVT #4579. Needs work. + Parts

fcsvt1

CEG'er
I've been hanging on to it, hoping that I would complete the project, but work, kids, and hard times have my hands tied. After 9 years, time to go.

98 E1 Contour SVT. #4579 for that year. T-red/midnight blue. 208k miles. Shortblock replaced at 73k by Ford, only synthetic since. Complete running, driving car, but needs work. $2000 for car and parts, $1400 just for car. B.O. Cash Talks. text/call (309)231-342six can send pic. I'm working on getting the new pics to my photobucket. IL, 61742

Bad: a little rocker(biggest is quater size hole) rust I just found, rust bubble along windshield. Underbody rust I have have touched up over the years during oil changes and other maintenance. Bumpers have some cracks, rear has a square hole from a trailer hitch when someone backed into me. I was going to fix. Side ground effects are currently off, the Jack point covers need repair. Headlight tabs are broken/headlights clouded. Interior is dirty, I smoked. Needs intake rebuild/secondary work. Needs suspension rebuild ( minus springs/struts). Crack in windshield. Tires are shot(maybe OK to get home). Slight exhaust leak. When it's cold I notice a slight grind going into 3rd, only when cold tho. Then again I haven't driven the car hard in years.

Good: runs, drives, doesn't use oil. Has Koni Sport kit(yellow adjustable struts/lowering springs.) Brakes are pretty new.

Parts(not on car):

Pole120 poly filled powdercoated front roll restrictor
Aluminum front and rear door sill plates with build number
Good front and rear bumper grills(rear is new)
New LCAs
New outer tie rods(w/ grease zerk)
Poly sway bar bushings
Rear sway links
Poly rear suspension bushing kit
Extra carpet
Extra SVT foormats
Shift knobs (Crappy cond. stock, Black voodoo w/ scratches, new(never used) cougar)
Intake manifold gaskets(for intake rebuild)
Exhaust manifold gaskets
Extra stock y-pipe
Extra stock exhaust from the resonator back
Extra set of door panels
Extra leather for driver's seat(original has no rips tho)
Extra sunroof shade
Extra set of SVT wheels w/ crappy tires
Plus probably more

If someone buys the car, but not the parts, then I will sell parts.

I work 2nd, so from 2:00pm-11:00pm I might be hard to get ahold of. Just depends on work.

I could help with delivery, but it would not be cheap, truck prolly gets 5mpg.

Last edited:
He didn't say he was parting the car :rolleyes:.

The confusion is understandable. But for the record the Koni setup is on the car currently. I don't have the stock one's(they were shot anyway), so I can't part them. Has about 30k miles on them. It is actually a pre-98 setup, but if you use the struts and springs together it doesn't matter. I had it on a pre-98 for about 20k, then switched them over to the SVT. The car could use camber plates, something I never got for it.

Also, since I don't have pics yet, The condition of the car looks pretty close to the cheap one blu_fuz has up

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back