• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 2002 Laser Red Cougar XR V6 MTX -1300 OBO

The car does not run!
It did run fine before the clutch went.

Price: 1300 OBO

Click on the link below for pics
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/chavezwi87/

So I purchased this vehicle to part out and keep some parts for myself.
I took out the parts I need (small screws, 17” Rims and pedals cover)
However, this car looks too beautiful to part out. So, I was wondering if any one wants to buy it. If it doesn’t sell after Thanksgiving, I’m parting it out.

I’m willing to work on payments and help anyone with whatever I can.

Problems
Exterior:
-Front Bumper has a black spot near the license plate holder
-The rear quarter panel on the passenger has some scratches.
-The 17” XR rims are not for sale. I will try to get some 16” to replace them.

Otherwise, I think the car looks great. People are always complimenting me on the car.

Interior:
-The HVAC controls are scratched, noticeable when you light them up
-The HVAC bezel has some scratches on the top right
-The driver front panel has two white spots (where the door and the dash meets, not noticeable when closed) that I can not clean off.
-The previous owner was trying to take off the cougar emblem on the steering wheel, but did not succeed.
-The steering wheel has a scratch on it.
-The shift knob has wear and tear
-The hatch cover is missing

Besides these few blemishes the car looks great from the inside.

Mechanical:
-Clutch needs to be replaced.
-Has an exhaust leaked, not sure where?

Besides the clutch the car ran fine. I was going to try to fix it by driving it to Greg (Aircougar1) but the clutch died on me on my way there.
There was no check engine light when I drove the car, about 70 miles, before the clutch died on me. The previous buyer also gave me a receipt where he changed the two front struts, stabilizer links and had it aligned.

The car currently have Black cloth seats.
I also have gray leather seats. The driver has a small rip on them where you put your butt on. the passenger and rear are in great condition.

So if anyone is interested, let me know. I would love for someone in the NECO/CEG to get the car and take care of it.
If you have any questions please let me know and I’ll answer it as best as I can.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back