• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998 T-Red SVT Contour with MNB interior, 120k miles, CHEAP, bottom end noise, perfect 3L candidate

jfisher99

New CEG'er
1998 T-red Contour SVT with MNB interior
-4959 of 6535 built, March 11th, 1998 build date
-Have original window sticker
-120k miles
-Clean title in hand
-Cincinnati, Ohio 45157
$1,000 if bought by black friday weekend!

Okay so long story short the motor is likely done for (although I'm not investing time or money to verify) however I have linked a video for you to hear. Car starts and runs (can be driven but wouldn't recommend going too far). I bought the car to 3L swap, but just don't have the time right now to complete this project. This car was a daily driver until the engine noise started.

This is what the previous owner told me:

"One day the motor made noise aprox 2 blocks from home. Shut car off and came out just minutes later and noise was gone. Aprox a month maybe 2 goes by and noise comes back and is here to stay it seems."

Other issues:
-Rear suspension needs work, drives fine but def needs some attention. Has a clunk so I'm assuming needs rear shocks.
-A/C isn't super cold but does work.
-Trunk doesn't stay open (needs new struts)
-No radio
-Paint is faded

Video of engine noise:

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/will8050/?action=view&current=35cc57c3.mp4

Pics:
d998d268.jpg

ec593d1f.jpg

0535f720.jpg

1689a285.jpg

9c7ffe11.jpg

9432a02a.jpg

6df1a4c2.jpg

5356ac41.jpg

715e045a.jpg

Call or text me anytime with questions. 513-315-6583.

I've been a member on here for a while, but hardly post. I have thousands of other posts on forums like corral, turboforums and stangbangerz. I have flawless feedback on those websites and can provide screen names if necessary.

Judging by the pics this car is a 98.5.......if it was a true 98 E0 then the temp guage would read normal but it doesn't and it has the obvious E1 style wheels. It does however have a E0 dash which is a plus. Anyway just thought I would share that....GLWS

Judging by the pics this car is a 98.5.......if it was a true 98 E0 then the temp guage would read normal but it doesn't and it has the obvious E1 style wheels. It does however have a E0 dash which is a plus. Anyway just thought I would share that....GLWS

Thank you sir, I don't know if any of that stuff is a good or bad thing, but I appreciate it lol!

I have the SVT certificate and a folder full of maintenance records on this car also! I'll post up later tonight what number this car is.

I also found the original window sticker while digging through all the documentation!

This car is 4959 and was built on March 11th, 1998.

Vin is 1FAFP68G8WK261910

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back