• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale Selling my 98 SVT #246

LLADNAR

CEG'er
Well I am currently deployed but will be home on leave soon. So if anyone is real interested i may show it during that time. It is actually killing me inside to sell this car, but i have had it for 6 years and it is time to moveI need the money to fund other projects and right now it is just sitting in my garage un tagged.

Here is the deal it has 231k on it but i live 45 miles from my work so its highway. I put a 3L in it about 4 years ago and it is still strong. In fact this car is wearing the prototype Bugzuki conversion plates. I also has optimized Y-pipe, and throttle body. Custom 2.5" exhaust 3rd cat removed, origional mufflers, with a resonater installed. Sounds great. Custom built shifter. Ford Racing oil pressure and volt gauges mounted in front of the cup holders. New Ford front lower control arms, and sway bar endlinks, less than a year old. New brakes and rotors all around less than a year old. Fidanza aluminum flywheel. New F1 clutch in the box, will explain that in a minute.

Well minutes up here goes. So my clutch was getting weak so i buy a F1 clutch online install it and it slips like crazy for the first 1000 or so miles,, got better somehow,, dunno. Anyways i express my concern to the people that sold me said clutch they say that the machine shop that cut the stock flywheel did a crap job and blamed the problem on them, so i say well i guess i always wanted a fidanza so i buy it, and install the new flywheel and pretty much the same problem. Concern is expressed again to the fine people at F1 and so they finally give in sending me a new clutch. In the mean time somehow this clutch goes from barely usable to not really a problem unless you rod the crap out of it, and since it is just my daily driver it really isn't bothering me. So that is why i have a new clutch for it. Cause honestly if i pull the tranny again the stock fly wheel is going back and im selling that fidanza to kind of pay for my labor for doing it.

417261233_1447459260_393576059_1248.jpg

417261755_1447461190_0.jpg

All in all the car is in fair shape. Has some bugs, none of which are fresh in my mind since i havent driven it since May. The check engine light is on but that is because i want it on. It runs better that way actually. I never have tuned it for the 3L and when the light is off it is getting the normal amount of fuel a 2.5 liter gets, with the light on it is in safe mode where it gets a little more fuel to protect the engine and the 3L seems to like that more.

Yeah I dont know if i forgot the price or just wasn't ready to put one. I'm asking $1750

Oh and i also have about 60% of another midnight blue interior. Here is what is missing. Front seats, Carpet, Dash, Headliner, Package tray. Some dash pieces are there though. May sell separate or may go with the car if i dont get beat up on the price.

Last edited:
I will take offers also if anyone is interested in it.

Will also post more pics when i get home on my leave. Sometime in the early part of Dec.

Yeah I dont know if i forgot the price or just wasn't ready to put one. I'm asking $1750

FYI, from the rules:

From now on, classified ads need to include a price, location, and need to be actual FS or WTB ads, not "feelers" or attempts at auctions.

So, you're either selling it or you're not. It really looks like you are at this point, but if you go back to "well maybe" I have to delete the ad. Sorry to be like that, but we need that kind of rule to avoid cluttering up the classifieds with bogus ads.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back