• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 2000 Contour SVT Silver Frost 3L PLENTY OF MODS

79mustang351w

Hard-core CEG'er
Its a 2000 Contour SVT SIlver Frost #1633 of 2150. Every owner and myself garage kept it most of the time. 144k miles on body and 35k on the 04' Taurus 3.0L motor. Very clean car for the year. Has some ding and dents (mostly passenger side of car) and a dent on the passenger quarter...looks like it scraped a pole (nothing major...no rust...just bodywork and paint needed). Car is really clean underneath...you dont find them much cleaner and more solid than this. The only rust is the driver front door lip on the bottom inside and the rear passenger door inside lip at the bottom (passenger door can be fixed). I have a driver door that will go with car (its green, but a southern rust free door...needs a bit of bodywork and then paint of course. The rust does not show on the outside on either door....and may not even bother some people...but I do bodywork for a living...so I think everything has to be perfect.

The car still looks great as is...but its gonna need some body and paint work to be perfect....as most all of these cars do after 11 years of use.

I have ALL the receipts for all these parts!!! They will go to new owner...I am afraid to total them up!! lol

-TUNED 3.0L swap...its a 3.0L longblock (block and oval port 3.0L heads from an 04' Taurus with 29k miles...was SUPER CLEAN!!
-Motor built with Fel-Pro gaskets
-NPG CNC aluminum lower intake (IMRC deleted) 3L's dont need IMRC....they flow way more than enough!!!
- Escape fuel rail which centers injectors in the oval ports in the head so this motor runs the way it should!! No half ass bugsuki plates and hogged out and ruined heads on this car. This configuration allows better fuel air atomization and flow....the way the 3.0L head design was made for....will SMOKE a bugsuki plate car anyday!!!!
-NPG EGR delete kit
-NPG fenderwell CAI
-Built tranny from Terry Haines (Torson, slick shift kit on new forks, shift tower mod, 4.06 FD to keep the low end fun factor, all new bearings and full rebuild. Case halves were glass beaded and cleaned thoroughly....and the insides smoothed of burs and flashings from the casting process...allows better oiling). NOT INSTALLED
-Drilled and slotted rotors (FSVT front rotors....CSVT front rotors in the rear now)
-NPG brake brackets front and rear
-Hawk Performance brake pads
-Powdercoated red calipers front and back and all fully rebuilt with new components!
-Stainless braided Aeroquip brake lines front and rear (only the best)
-Striker front swaybar endlinks
-PRT rear swaybar endlinks
-Energy Suspension polyurethane rear swaybar bushings in red
-PRT 94A filled roll restictors front and rear
-BAT European Handling kit
-OMP front strut tower brace powdercoated red to match calipers
-Rev Model X 17x7 wheels powdercoated Black Chrome with new center caps
-Mirko splitter (in primer, but can paint before sale as I have the paint to do it and am a painter)
-Door ding guards removed
-Windows tinted 5% sunstrip across windshield, 20% in back glass and rear doors, front windows are now 50% to be legal (they are 20% in pic below) got tired of the tickets. lol
-License plate smoked covers
-Topshop Carbon fiber IMRC cover
-Topshop fiberglass eyelids painted Silver Frost to match
-Custom grill and SVT emblem in front....and matching lower front and rear grills
-Oval around front grille painted Silver Frost to match
-Thrush glasspack in place of stock resonator
-NEW Taylor 8.2 Thundervolt Red plug wires
-NEW Motorcraft spark plugs (in car)
-NEW E3 spark plugs (will go with car)
-NEW Optima Battery
-NEW alternator
-NEW Gates belts and hoses
-NEW Motorcraft tensioner
-NEW Motorcraft idler pulley
-NEW Ford hoses here and there
-NEW emergency brake cables
-NEW rear calipers
-NEW fuel filter
-NEW Power steering pump
-NEW Cabin air filter
-NEW Motorcraft thermostat and gasket
-NEW Ford crankcase breather hoses and tube
-NEW Timken front wheel bearings
-NEW Ford spare key fobs (two new...one old)
-NEW Ford key and the old original (two total)
-NEW Bosch wiper blades
-NOS Ford left side cowl panel
-NOS Ford radio surround bezel
-NOS cowl panel hardware (has old cap covers though...could not find new cap covers)
-NEW Downstream o2 sensor
-NEW Ford rear glass molding (window was taken out, new molding installed, then window put back in)
-Stock tranny in car has NEW Sachs stock replacement clutch only 6k miles on stock resurfaced flywheel (sellable pieces)
-Restored foglights with black chromed inner housings and restored plastic brackets (see album pics)
-Energy supension rear control arm bushings red
-CFM short throw adjustable height shifter
-Focus shift knob
-NOS (new old stock) Ford center console
-Racebits stainless flexpipe
-NOS Ford Passenger door panel front door (the interior is REALLY NICE...only the carpet and mats have wear....but I found a company to make replacement carpet and mats with a much nicer color that matches the seats and trim better than the original anyhow. So I can give you all that info too if interested)
-Pioneer AVH-P5200BT DVD, Bluetooth, Ipod ready. 7" flipscreen with all the goods (USB and SD card ready)
-Pioneer AVIC-U220 GPS hooked up and working (2gb SD card included with all POI updates)
-Memphis Car Audio MC 5x7 coaxial door speakers (all 4) (SO CRISP AND CLEAR!!)
-Memphis Car Audio C3 12" Sub in sealed box (VERY CRISP BASS)
-Alpine MRP-M350 350W RMS amp

-Included but not on car: NICE used Driver door to replace the rusted one on car, NEW Fresh rebuilt tranny by Terry Haines with lots of goods (see list above), NEW Fidanza flywheel, NEW Stage 3 Spec clutch 6 puck, NEW Ford slave cylinder, NEW 70mm ported and polished Mustang TB (yes it is a 70mm now...super nice piece!), NEW 90mm Lightening MAF sensor, NEW MSDS headers and y pipe with Felpro gaskets, NEW Racebits Stainless decat pipe, NEW Rear strut tower bar made by CSVT49, NEW Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, NEW Subframe connectors with boxed ends and welds SMOOTHED OUT, NEW custom made real Carbon Fiber rear door sail inserts made by Smurphs Kustoms, another set of taillights I was going to smoke, I will give you the other spare NEW carbon fiber IMRC cover I have and the stock IMRC cover, and another working power antenna, and anything else I find for it. The old 2.5L motor with SVT cams still installed will go too....I want it all gone for this price. And a spare 2.5L SVT upper intake I bought (was gonna extrude hone and polish the outside of it).

Also forgot to mention the stock EO wheels and tires INCLUDED and (16) NEW stock wheelnuts (rounded spoke type wheelswith SVT center caps). The EO's need a new tire. Three are ok...I would do two tires though to even things out.

The Falken tires on the Rev Model X wheels are worn down pretty good. They will get you where you need to go as they hold air fine...just worn from SZ11 at Nelson Ledges and daily driven use this summer.

Car is fresh top to bottom now...took me a year...and as you can see...most of the good performance stuff isnt even installed yet.

Its loaded with goods....really a blast to drive...suprises all who dont know what a 3L swapped CSVT is about. lol Just needs a little more TLC that I dont have the time to give it anymore.

$6000 OBO Too much time and money involved...especially after this Terry Haines built tranny.

Brent (419) 564-8404

Some pictures arent current (engine bay now has Optima Red Top battery installed). Email me at rippin_250x@yahoo.com for more pics. PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM LINK: http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s249/rippin_250x/2000 Contour SVT/

Let me know if the link works ok.

DSCF0035-5.jpg

008-1.jpg

Last edited:
Added tire condition info....and set of (4) stock EO wheels and tires included!!!

Everything I have for CSVT's go for the asking price....otherwise I can work on price if you just wanna buy the car as is. I would like to sell as a package...because all of these parts installed on this car...will make for one wicked little CSVT!! Hoping somebody here on CEG buys this and gives it the TLC and attention it deserves...dont wanna see it get torn up.

I dont wanna sell...but two project cars is too much....and money with work being slow is too tight.

Nah...I get too crazy on them...I would kill myself on a 1000! lol

Spare 2.5L SVT upper intake included too!! I think thats it. haha Like I said....everything I have for this thing goes with it. I wanna get out of CSVT's for my 6k asking price. I think its a steal with all this stuff. I am sure you could part this out for more.

Racebits flexpipe and decat too. Alot more receipts gone over...and the list is longer. This car has been GONE OVER front to back.

Last edited:
Want wheels:drool::drool::drool:.. And my dad said no go on this, money is to tight for my parents as well.. GLWS though! Hope someone from here gets it, so i get those wheels when i have the money:laugh:.

Forgot.....NEW custom made real Carbon Fiber rear door sail inserts made by Smurphs Kustoms.

I am open to offers....throw them my way! Its doesnt have to sell in this big package deal, but I would like it to. If it doesnt sell as a whole its getting parted out.

Photobucket link added....more pics to come!!

Make offers this HAS TO GO and before winter...wanna sell but I am open to trades for a 5.4 F150 or a 7.3 diesel F250 truck.

Wow! :shocked:

I may have to go rob a bank and pick this up!

GLWS, unfortunately I probably can't scrounge up the funds for this in the time you need it sold. :cry:

I have a 2k ford ranger that i could offer up, plus some cash..if interested?

Not interested in the smaller pickups. Sorry. I haul too much scrap metal and quads and such. The cash alone sounds good though! lol

I have a 97' F150 I just bought for the winter...4x4...but its the turd 4.6. I want a newer F150 5.4 or an F250 as sweet as my old one...but with a diesel 7.3 this time around instead of the 5.4.

If it’s still for sale once I return from Afghanistan I will run it by my wife and let you know; it would be cash as I have nothing to trade. I am looking at another SVT on here as well. Yours is a tad closer and less, that however won’t be the determining factor. I like the look and I would enjoy driving it. Now would it be right to turn it into my DD for school. I will finish my degree I started a decade ago once I return.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back