• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale '96 Contour SE

alien_yet_familiar

Hard-core CEG'er
My sister has upgraded to all-wheel-drive (her graduation gift!) and is selling her 1996 Contour SE. She's owned it for just over a year, and we've done a bit of maintenance, but it is otherwise stock.

The info:

1996 Ford Contour SE
2.5L Duratec V6, automatic, black with grey leather, 155,000-ish miles (not sure of the exact number), clear title.

The good stuff:

Newly replaced CV axles, brand new Michelin tires, fresh alignment, strong motor, 30 mpg highway, leather, sunroof, traction control, cruise, PW, PL, power driver's seat, alloy wheels, factory foglights, new aftermarket CD player, new DPFE sensor, new EGR valve, new battery, rotors and pads at all four corners are only a year old.

Needs some work to be perfect:

Sunroof motor needs new a gear, AC compressor makes noise (have replacement compressor, will include with full price offer), has some cosmetic paint issues, has check engine light on for O2 sensors (if it turns out that the sensors are good but the manifolds need replacing, I have a good set you can have), the driver's seat has a tear in the leather, and there is one non-matching rim (I also have a matching set of SVT rims that will fit this but need new rubber, and the price for those is $200 for the set).

This car is in very good mechanical shape, even though it looks a little rough around the edges. The paint is in decent - not great - shape for a 15-year old car, with a few chips and a few spots of fade. There is NO rust that I can see on the car. The check engine light should be able to be remedied by replacing oxygen sensors, but has NO effect on the car's performance if you want to leave it be. I have pulled the code, but don't remember what it is - if you want me to pull it again I will. A gently used working AC compressor will be included with a full-price offer. SE sideskirts are intact but need jackpoint covers - I think I have 2, maybe 3 variously colored covers laying around.

I have driven this car quite often, and it is something that I would pick up if I could stand driving an automatic. It's very reliable as far as I know.

The asking price is $1000 OBO. It is located in Roberts, MT. Billings is the nearest city. PM me with questions or if you want a phone number to call.

http://www.maecforum.com/t2177-1996-ford-contour-se#
035.jpg

033.jpg

("hearts" steering wheel cover NOT included
icon_biggrin.png
)

031.jpg

032.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

These are the rims that I have available, off of my 1998 SVT Contour. They look white in this picture, but they are stock silver with black SVT lettering on the centercaps.
31904050012_large.jpg

What a great price. kudos. I pd way too much for mine 97 GL 4 a year ago. Good luck in your sale.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back