• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale MINT condition 2000 CSVT black/midnight blue, no mods

james1767

New CEG'er
I bought this CSVT in 08 from a Ford dealer with 31K miles on it – had a clean title and Carfax, dealer claimed a woman had just traded it in on an Escape – who knows if that’s accurate but the car looked immaculate. I have driven it daily ever since and it now has 119K mostly highway miles. I have owned a silver 00 CSVT and a stripper/sleeper 98 LX V6 5-speed. I know these cars well and enjoy them as daily drivers - never raced or otherwise abused, especially given the condition it was in when I bought it. The car is turn key and needs nothing other than a sunroof gear – sunroof tilts up and down no problem, it will slide back no problem, but it will not slide closed unless you grab it and push it closed.

Work done:

New OEM Ford headlights shortly after purchase from dealer in 08
New stereo speakers, all four doors
The only aftermarket components are Sony head unit w/USB and four speakers – have original OEM Ford radio
New IAC to cure “the moose” – no problems since
New throttle body due to carbon sticking – I just keep it clean now (not worrying about the coating that supposedly gets stripped off if you use a cleaner on it)
Front and rear brake pads and rotors, within past year
Updated Motorcraft fuel pump
Spark plugs and wires
New OEM Ford front window regulators, just installed August 2011
New Motorcraft alternator, 2009
All four wheel bearings replaced with OEM components – got deal on them from Ford, plus RR was a little loose, so I had all of them replaced.
New tires summer of 2011
Oil and filter changed every 3K miles with Castrol GTX
Various fuel and air filter changes
Trans fluid changed to Ford Honey after I bought the car

Only code/check engine light has been the P0420 code for the pre-cat converter efficiency below threshold. Installed O2 sensor spacers in the front and rear downstream sensors, no more code or CEL. Car has passed emissions with these 02 spacers in place. Within the past year or two a CEG guy sold an immaculate T-green 00 CSVT with I think 170K with the original converters.

I installed plastic mudflaps behind the front wheels, forward of the side skirts, and I installed (properly) a front bra and kept it clean during the winter months – the photos of the car speak for themselves and I think the bra and the mud flaps paid off.

Interior is very clean – I have the OEM floor mats and never used them in the car – they are in new condition. I used leather conditioner on the seats and they still look new – passenger seat leather is a little dried out for some reason but looks new. Dash has warp fix kit, but not the best job was done buttoning it down above the instrument panel – minor distortion only.

Absolutely no rust on the body whatsoever. Paint on roof has typical spider mark imperfections due to age but can only see from very close-up. Paint is original except LR quarter panel and bumper, which were repaired from a minor parking lot incident in 09, and hood, which was repainted by Ford early in the life of the car due to a paint defect. Some minor scratches on front and rear bumper covers – overall excellent condition for 11-year old car.

I have been with these cars for a long while and am looking to move onto something different…also I have gotten more seriously into kayaking and biking so I’m looking for something with a bit more utility, possibly a Tacoma X-Runner, Legacy GT wagon, Caliber SRT4, etc.

Asking $5000 or best offer. Willing to drive distances to meet/deliver car.

Detailed photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24586914@N03/sets/72157627542318353/

Couple more things about the CSVT I have for sale - forgot to mention that the parking brake cables were also replaced in 09. Also - hesitation issue in previous posts is straightened out - was confirmed to be faulty Ford Motorcraft fuel pump - local dealer received word from Ford that the batch of pumps was faulty and they are refunding me the cost of the pump. Dealer checked all electrical to make sure there was nothing in the car causing the pump to malfunction, and nothing was found. Aftermarket Carter fuel pump is currently in car, engine runs strong and smooth, no hesitation at all.

Some photos just in case you can't get in to the link I posted before:

smallIMG_0851..JPGsmallIMG_0811..JPGsmallIMG_0822..JPGsmallIMG_0807..JPGsmallIMG_0842..JPG

MINT condition 2000 CSVT black/midnight blue, no mods - PRICE DROP

MINT condition 2000 CSVT black/midnight blue, no mods - PRICE DROP

Price drop - $4500 obo.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back