• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale '99 T-Red SVT - needs new engine bottom end

PTAaron

CEG'er
EDIT: SOLD!

EDIT: Added current pictures on 10/2/11

I've decided that since my CSVT has been sitting in the garage for a year and I haven't done the 3L swap I planned to do - I should probably just sell it.
Details:
'99 T-Red CSVT with tan leather interior
115,000 miles
Factory rear wing
B&M short shifter
Rebuilt transmission and differential installed by "Bagged Performance" about less 2000 miles ago
Center resonator removed
"door ding guards" removed
"Contour" plates on rear doors replaced with all black plates from older model.
Headlight assemblies replaced by "Bagged Performance"
Center piece of rear bumper between taillights was damaged and was repaired with fiberglass by "Bagged Performance"
Rear subframe assembly was damaged by Aussie Bar - was replaced by "Bagged Performance"
New (within around 500 miles) Goodyear Eagle GT 225/50/16 tires on stock E1 rims

Paint is good - still looks great when freshly washed. A few minor "parking lot" scrapes and a few scraps on top of the factory wing from a bike handlebar (bike rack came loose on the expressway).

Engine is dead - probably a cracked piston skirt? Whatever it is the bottom end is shot. Car still drives, just has low power and sounds worse than a farm tractor.

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

Asking $2000 or best offer as is - or I can swap on a different set of E1 rims with bald worn out tires for $400 less, for someone that is looking for a project car and plans to upgrade the rims anyway. I know you can get a running one in crappy condition for that price - but that is my starting price ;)

Ding in rear passenger door:
IMG_4086.jpg

Damage to top of wing:
IMG_4089.jpg

Passenger side front bumper scratches from trash can:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p206/PTAaron/Contour SVT/IMG_4087.jpg

Newly discovered (10/2/11) break in the repaired section of the rear bumper:
IMG_4088.jpg

Passenger front door has some pain scrapes from being parked next to a car we use for a year. I also forgot to mention there is a small crack in the rear bumper up from the snow that damaged the center piece.

All of the pictures are available here: http://photobucket.com/contoursvt

Last edited:
I'm interested. I just bought a craigslist 2000 svt that needs a clutch. The sides under the doors are so bad they threw the passenger side skirt in the back of my truck when I picked it up. The engine runs very well. I can part it and fix up yours.
Is yours return or returnless fuel?
did you store it winters?
does it have dash warp?
working air cond?
working sunroof?
interior color?

Csvt in Mi

Csvt in Mi

Very interested in this, so I'll get in line for it. I has monies now. I want some recent pics and heads up back from you please. Thanks

Trevor

Last edited:
last i know it had perfect P-Tan int and it was stored in his garage body is in great shape sense i seen it last and idk if the AC worked cuz it was last winter when we put the dif in. and the sunroof did work and dont hold me to it if i do remember correct it was a return-less car but not too sure

Hellow? did PTAaron go on vacation? My wife always said I would start a classified ad then leave the house on errands so she had to answer the phone.

What differential in the transmission? Quaife? or was it a pre 98 or European heavier update. I just read terrys post on fordcontour.org about diff repair "cost savers".

Sorry guys - I DID go on vacation... I posted this up right before I left for Vegas. I thought I had it set up to email me if someone replied but I guess I screwed that up. Sorry for the delay.

great car i worked on this car when it was at bagged's shop and it was clean every thing he says it is and worth every penny.

GL with sale buddy
(i was with scott when we picked the car up for the bad diff)
Thanks John for the comments! Really appreciate it.

I'm interested. I just bought a craigslist 2000 svt that needs a clutch. The sides under the doors are so bad they threw the passenger side skirt in the back of my truck when I picked it up. The engine runs very well. I can part it and fix up yours.

Is yours return or returnless fuel? Not sure - how do I tell?

did you store it winters? Car was alternated as a daily driver with another car year round from 2001/2 when I got it until I started driving my XR full time. In 2008 Contour became full time daily driver until last winter when the engine died. While the car was my daily driver it was stored in my garage, when it wasn't it was stored in the public parking area at my condo complex. For the last 9 months it has been in my garage.

does it have dash warp? Dash warp was fixed during the recall before it ever warped. They also did the TPS repalcement at that time (another recall)

working air cond? AC worked until I had the diff replaced, now turning it on blows a fuse. Not sure if a wire got pinched re-installing the engine, but we were not able to track down the cause when my engine died. I am 99% sure it is the compressor that is bad - and was planning to try testing it right around the time the engine died, so if you have a good compressor it should be easy to swap when swapping engines.

working sunroof? Yes, works. The trim piece where the sunroof button and map lights are has a broken plastic tab on the inside, so it moves if you push it, but it does not make noise.

interior color? Tan.

Replies in blue.

last i know it had perfect P-Tan int and it was stored in his garage body is in great shape sense i seen it last and idk if the AC worked cuz it was last winter when we put the dif in. and the sunroof did work and dont hold me to it if i do remember correct it was a return-less car but not too sure

Thanks!
Looks pretty much exactly the same as when it was in the shop - covered in dust and pieces of berries from being parked under a crab apple tree just before it died.

Hey good to see you didn't tease us and then forget about the posting. Lol. I'm still interested in this. Were there many in line in front of me?

Huge delay... apologies again, had to go out of town, then with all the rain we've had I couldn't get the car cleaned up for pictures. Got that taken care of today...
Bad news is that when I rolled it out to wash it I noticed that part of the bumper that was fiberglassed back together has come apart - looks like it will be an easy fix though, and I may take care of it myself if the car sits here long enough.

Pictures are available here: http://photobucket.com/contoursvt
and I have added them to the first post.

still not sold wtf. if i had money i would buy this car in a second but i just paid 5k for my silfro :(

this could be a bomb car guys it is in really great shape.
hope it sells to a good owner.

Thanks for the help John ;)
Still sitting in my garage... would love to get it out of there so I can actually park the car I am driving IN the garage for the first time since moving into the new house...

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back