• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998 Black SVTC 116k Yr old paint 18 inch rims etc..

SVT607

CEG'er
You can view car on ebay at.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...0466034?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a88a9ff2
Vehicle will be relisted due to non paying bidder. waiting for ebay to credit my account so I can relist for free.

Approx 116k miles.
New Gloss Black paint last summer (July 2010). Had the chrome grill and chrome trunk lid strip painted glass black as well. Had right and left fender DOHC badges removed and had holes filled, had the door side panels removed, and had the rear radio antenna removed and shaved for a really smooth, clean look! Bought (July 2010) 18 inch RUFF Racing gloss black with machined accent wheels wrapped in 225/40 18 Sunny Z Rated Radial Tires!! Other than the wheels, tires and enlarged aftermarket air filter, Car is completely Stock with no modifications done at all. Exterior is Amazing! Brand new headlights with all new bulbs as well. Had the resinator removed to give it a little deeper exhaust note and to let her breath a little better. Its the stock Borla exhaust still, sounds good.
Car is powered by a 2.5L High Output DOHC 195HP V6, mated with an MTX75, 5 speed manual transmmission, which is all stock as well. Just changed the oil and filter and did tranny fluid last summer(2010). Car drives 100% with lots of power. I think the syncro-mesh is getting warn though from 2nd to 3rd gear. When driving normally it is perfectly fine, but if you really get on it, like shifting from 2nd to 3rd at high rpms, it will grind ever so slightly, but like I said, normal driving NO GRINDING AT ALL BETWEEN ALL GEARS. I have driven this car daily like this for almost 2 years and have had no problems. Also, The ABS light is on due to the ABS module, which I have one to replace it, but just haven't had the time to get it in yet. The check engine light will be on for awhile, then it goes out for awhile. This has also been doing this for almost 2 years, since I bought the car, and have had no problems with it. It passed inspection, so I don’t think its anything serious. The airbag light blinks for some reason, I cannot find out why though. My diagnostic tool doesn't have a chassis mode so i cant get into it. Other than that, car is perfect, runs 100%. Those small little things don't bother it at all. Oh, and the AC compressor works and icks on, but the hot/cold door is broken, so its not working properly. Im trying to list everything so nothing is left out :)

I installed a Kenwood cd Deck with 4 new 6x8 Pioneer speakers which sound great with the preamped sound system, which sounds great. Midnight blue all leather interior is in great condition with very light wear, basically looks new. Perforated Front Bucket seats fit like a glove. Back seats are practically untouched. Dual airbags, All power options include locks, windows, 4 wheel ABS, sunroof, mirrors, driver side seat, cruise control with steering wheel controls and much, much more!

This is a great car and I have lots invested in it, but I gotta sell to free up some cash. My loss is your gain. I tried to list everything the best I could, if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask.

ASKING $3900.00...Negotiable

Last edited:

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back