• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parting Out Parting out or whole, 98 silver svt.

skiller1234

New CEG'er
Hi all 1998 silver CSVT. 156xxx miles, great great shape, but i think i threw a rod. I do not have the time, money,or patience to work on this - and either fix the engine or swap it out. There is a chance its something simpler, but based on descriptions i think the engine is toast. I really do not want to part this out, no space, so hopefully someone will take it off my hands. All I'm looking for out of it is enough money to fix the clutch on my other car, say $1,000. So someone mechanically inclined could take it for parts if they can pop a clutch into a sentra.

As seen in the the pics, the body is nice, no rust, all panels there and and the paint is fine. Wheels and tires look almost new. Spectre intake, B&M shifter, Spec 3 clutch. All accessories and switches work including sunroof.

Located in Thornton, CO.

I will put this on Craigslist as well if no takers in a couple weeks its getting donated.

Attachments

• IMAG0409..jpg
    IMAG0409..jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0401..jpg
    IMAG0401..jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0400..jpg
    IMAG0400..jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0412..jpg
    IMAG0412..jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0405..jpg
    IMAG0405..jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey man good luck with the sale I wish I was in a position to take it off your hands for ya. It looks great I hope someone buys it instead of parting it out. But if you do end up parting it out or donating it can I dibs the jack point covers? (unless someone wants complete skirts then they can have them) and by donate you mean let me come down throw it on a trailer and bring it home right? Haha good luck again

ha Rad - Those jack point covers are hot items.... I actually got a few responses off my Craigslist add right away last night offering to help on my other car, so I might go in that direction. People seem to think I'm making the wrong choice, sticking with my 94 se-r over my 98 csvt - but I love that little car! Nissan>Ford..

ha Rad - Those jack point covers are hot items.... I actually got a few responses off my Craigslist add right away last night offering to help on my other car, so I might go in that direction. People seem to think I'm making the wrong choice, sticking with my 94 se-r over my 98 csvt - but I love that little car! Nissan>Ford..

I think you should put a 3L in it and keep it running but ya know to each their own

I had an 03 Sentra Spec V. and it was okay until the butterfly screws carved their name in the cylinder walls at around 80k miles. It sucked in the corners and no matter what you did to the exhaust, it sounds like a ricer. I can't imagine a clutch being that hard in a lil 4 cylinder. Good Luck.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back