• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998 SVT for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hdbngr8

New CEG'er
1998 Contour SVT, T red. Approximately 120K miles. Never driven in winter. Mods include front and rear strut tower braces, BAT 21 mm rear sway bar, strengthened rear sub frame, Wildwood 4 piston calipers with 13" rotors, stainless braided brake lines, BAT suspension kit (lowered about 1"), hi flow cat, A pillar 3 gauge set (volts, water, oil), Bosal stainless exhaust. Interior is midnight blue and not perfect with normal wear. There are a couple interior plastic pieces that have been cut (on purpose). No radio. Car comes with 3 sets of 5 spoke aluminum wheels.
​​​​This was a track car for about 7 years. I still drive it and still get about 27 mpg.
All that being said there are issues that I have chosen to ignore. Alternator is weak and voltage runs about 13.5 volts when hot. Speed sensor shaft broke off the sensor, so no speedometer. A/C typically needs recharged annually. Heat works but will not blow thru defrost vents, only panel or floor. There is a head gasket leak that has been there since 2006; I am still driving it with this issue. Cooling system works but I do run into random temperature fluctuations; there is a minor coolant leak from port in block. Has not over heated because of this. I have record of every service, maintenance, or mod I have ever done to the car. Engine is still strong. I am original owner.
Hood has dent in it and a wrinkle. Paint is decent, a few chips here and there.
Asking $2000. Location - Chillicothe Illinois
I will provide pics to interested parties. PM me if you want pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back