• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT w/37k miles... FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyceboi

New CEG'er
Update: Junked

I got a car with a lot of CEG history that I'm unloading.

This is the car that prototyped this body kit: https://www.andysautosport.com/produ...ort__4378.html (that's my car, in all its orange photoshopped glory).

http://contour.org/ceg-vb/forum/modi...-fender-flares

I don't want anything for it. I just need it to go to a good home or it's getting junked by the end of this month.

Why am I getting rid of it? It's been sitting in my parent's garage for years and they're downsizing. I always thought I'd finish the car someday, then I adulted.

Some details:
  • Located in Elk Grove, CA (Sacramento)
  • 1999 SVT Contour (build 2566)
  • 37k original miles. In fact, I had the transmission replaced around 30k miles under warranty.
  • It does not run, it's been sitting FOREVER. I think the last time it ran was in 2002 or 2003
  • The body is perfect, painted some color blue that I cannot remember the name of.
  • Widebody mods
  • Those wheels. I don't remember what they are.
  • The wheels are the same you see in the link, on new at the time tires
  • Borla exhaust? Maybe. I don't remember, but it sounds amazing (at the time!)
  • The car is on lower suspension
  • Brand new (at the time) Koni struts inside
  • Brand new headers inside
  • Some kind of Japanese tunning computer inside (helps adjust timing, etc)
  • Lambo doors upfront (yup, I was so cool back then)
  • Wheel spacers
  • Ground control
  • TV screens? I think
  • Visor screens? I think.
  • some kind of aftermarket cold air
  • Strut bars, trunk bars, bars!
  • Sound deadening throughout
  • Lots of stuff needs to be put back together, but it's all there.
  • It's dirty, 'cuz... it's been sitting there.
  • and more!
Look, it's a car for the diehard, a parts car for your own car, or whatever. I'm not selling individual parts, this is basically the equivalent of a "Storage Wars" car. :)

If you're serious, shoot me a private message.

Here are my issues - I don't have a title or reg (yes, I'm the owner). But if you get it going again, and you retitle the car, I can help if you need signatures from me. Towing it will be tough, but if you tow it yourself (car bed?), I think you'll be fine.

I'm pursuing other ways of unloading the car, but if you can get here, it's yours.

Last edited:
It's been junked. Hopefully the parts show up somewhere for the community. There really was a treasure trove of stuff in there.

I found a box of new Ground Control in there!

Wish I had the time and same passion to restore it.

Attachments

• 20200120_132015.jpg
    20200120_132015.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back