Announcement

Collapse

Classified Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING! - Updated 9/10/2019

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Threads that do not follow the rules will be deleted. If your thread is deleted, you may start another one as long as it meets all rules.

DO
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
    NOTE: The forum has been having problems allowing certain users to post once they reach 60 days. If you can't post, try clearing your cookies. If that doesn't work, PM one of the classifieds mods.
  2. Ads must include a price and location.
  3. Ads must be FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc. Posting just a link to the auction will be deleted.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. If you see a problem with a post or person, notify a moderator.

DO NOT
Unless noted, rule violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas. Cross posts will be deleted and the user will receive an infraction.
  2. Replies should be relevant to the item. Do not chatter.
    EXAMPLES: If I were closer, I'd buy it; GLWS; If you decide to ship it, I want it; If you decide to part it, let me know; I've seen this car in person.
    Relevant replies include questions like: Will this fit my SE?; Is that a broken tab?; How many miles?.
  3. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  4. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  5. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. If you bump before the two week period, the bump will be deleted, and you will get a warning. Do it a second time, your thread will be deleted and you will get an infraction. Information updates, price changes, etc. are allowed.
See more
See less

2000 Contour SVT for sale - Black, original owner, 128K miles - California car - $3,000 OBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Contour SVT for sale - Black, original owner, 128K miles - California car - $3,000 OBO

Hi all. I've been a CEG member for 19 years and never thought I'd be posting this, but the day has finally come to sell my 2000 Contour SVT. Wanted to give the CEG community first crack at it to keep it in the family and ensure it goes to a CSVT enthusiast. If I don't sell the car here I'll be listing it on Bring A Trailer in the coming weeks.

1 owner car for over 19 years, I am the original owner. Bought it off the showroom floor at Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, CA with 16 miles on it. Never raced or tracked, the car is completely original except for a K&N air filter. Serviced every 5,000 miles only at Ford dealerships. No expense spared to maintain this car, I've got a huge stack of receipts and records dating back to September 2000. Original window sticker, framed SVT certificate with build number, two keys and two key fobs are included with the car. This car has lived its entire life in California, spending its first 12 years in Los Angeles and the past 7 years in the San Francisco Bay area. The car has been garage kept its entire life except until recently where it has been parked in my driveway under a custom California car cover. As a result the condition is very nice, the undercarriage is immaculate and of course there is no rust anywhere.

The good:
    -Less than 10,000 miles on all 4 tires, 6/32 tread remaining
    -Brakes measure 8mm front and 7mm rear, lots of life left
    -Received an oil change, tire rotation and a clean bill of health from Walnut Creek Ford in December 2018. Has been driven only ~200 miles since
    -New battery installed in July 2019
    -Only 128,328 miles
    -Interior is like new with the exception of wear and crease marks on the driver's seat. Back seats have been sat it only a handful of times
    -Car runs and drives very well and has the coveted SVT Contour exhaust sound that sounds incredible

The bad:
    -The catalyst control module does not initialize, so the car fails a California smog check. No check engine light is currently present, though it was present roughly 1 year ago - code P0420 - Catalytic Converter Bank 1 needs replacing. Even though there is no longer a CEL the catalyst control module fails to initialize. Both the Ford dealership and an independent shop I took the car to verified that the bank 1 cat needs replacing, the problem is this cat is inside the firewall bolted to the engine block and the bolts/studs are old difficult to turn. Turning them with the required force might cause them to break, requiring the engine to be removed to complete the job. This is not something I want to deal with so I'm selling the car, ideally to someone in a state with no emissions requirements so the new owner doesn't have to bother fixing it.
    -Car was bumped in a parking lot and passenger side rear door is creased. Also, passenger side skirt was hit by a rock that resulted in a scrape and a scratch. Lastly, front bumper has lots of rock chips, especially in the lower left corner and the rear bumper has a 3" scratch on it. All damage is pictured in the attached photos.
    -When the weather is cold the car's rear suspension (passenger side) creaks when going over bumps. When it warms up however the creaking goes away. It has been doing this for nearly 10 years. Multiple dealerships checked it and found nothing of concern, suggesting that perhaps the shock/strut was making the noise, though the shock/strut operates fine.
    -On cold startup the car sometimes makes the "moosing" sound these cars are known for. Once the car warms up it goes away. This never bothered me so I never looked into fixing it.

This is a 19 year old car with 128K miles, and as such rock chips and scratches are present. That said, I'm an avid car detailer and washed and waxed the car frequently so the paint shines deeply and the car shows very well. It runs, shifts, handles and drives well also.

It kills me to let this car go, but I've got a 1 year old son and it's time to make room for an SUV. Please email me at s4_central@yahoo.com if interested, or reply here/DM me. Thank you!

Full photo album here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13q...8YkMJ54gAhvCsO
    Attached Files
    2000 Ford Contour SVT, black, bone stock.

"The way I drive, I don't need mods!" :-)
Working...
X