• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale For Sale

joepage

CEG'er
FOR SALE: So really not sure where to start. I live about 20 min south of Dallas Mansfield Tx. . I have a package deal I would like to get rid of. Mainly because storage fees for the last 6 years is killing me. Plus I’m getting to old (55) to do the work myself. Not to mention that need for speed kills. Well in my situation paralyzes. My neck is fused from 2-7 and back broken in 2 spots. I have two cars and pretty much a complete blue interior from a third. I’m getting to old to work on them. Each has its own set of issues but at the same time each has quite a bit of potential if someone wants to put in some time.
So I have a black 2000 that I bought in in 2010. I bought it from Tex in Frisco Texas. It’s build number is 2094 is black and used to belong to Mark. I will have to find it but I have a full binder with full build details and dyno sheets. When I got it it had a 3L hybrid(2.5 heads, cams, upper/lower intake) cold air intake, Borla exhaust, Vador carbon fiber hood, Koni struts, upgrades camber kit, upgrade tranny with shift forks and came with SCT tuner with three tunes. Stock, NA and nitrous, it has A piller gauges, and the group buy, gauge cluster that changes colors. I also had the heads, cams, upper lower intakes all redone No cats as it has the delimiters. Upgraded brass sunroof gear, steel break lines and I have 4 19” Axis Neo wheels. One got damaged on Dallas off ramp and it was beyond straitening. But I know someone on CEG has 5 of the wheels .They are kind of rare is my understanding. I believe it has a 26mm mustang throttle body( don’t quote me on that but to my recollection that’s right). So the motor had a rear seal leak and I was out of town. Bottom line as I went around a curve it through a piston through the block. I don’t think it hit the heads but I haven’t torn it apart. If I remember right the 3rd gear sync were beginning to grind a little. It has short throw shifter and stage 2 clutch. It has been sitting outside so the paint will need some TLC. LIKE I said I’m 55 and getting little to old to do the work myself. Oh mileage is around 135k but work has been done since then. So not sure actual mileage. I still have the Vador carbon fiber hood. I had the gel coat stripped and reapplied but it does have UV oxidation so will need to be re-gel coated or clear coated.
The second car Is a 99 body that we picked up after my 16 yr old wrecked the 98. Hence the extra set of blue interior. So we did a motor tranny swap. The 98 engine is all stock with around 111K on it. It also has a short throw shifter and a newly rebuilt tranny with upgraded shift forks. Last time I drove it it shifted like butter! The problem is the entire floor pan is rusting out. It is mainly stock. We did the motor/tranny swap which had been years since I had done one but it threw one code. A vacuum line I missed connecting other than that perfect. The only problem is the entire floor pan is rusted and steel break line by pass back door got a whole in it. I never fixed it. I have a full set of 98 wheels as well as a set of Ford Focus wheel. I also have either 3 or 4 sets of the roof weld inserts for the cars. Plus extra side skirts.
I feel so bad that I let the cars deteriorate like they have. I love them, the way they handle and just the pure joy of diving them. They were definitely ahead of their time. I am looking at getting rid of everything as a package deal. Preferably to someone that will at least make one good car out of them. The 2000 build number 2094 is the one I would put the money into. It’s not that I don’t have it it’s just I feel I’m to old. I have lived a little to fast for two long. My neck is fused from C2 through C6 and back is broken in 2 places. I do know that when the 2000 was in its prime I hit 153mph. I’m sure I forgot some things. I really haven’t been on CEG or the Facebook page in years. Not sure what they are going for or how many of us are left. I am thinking 2K is actually a fair deal for everything. I have a ton of pics from 2010 through the motor tranny swap. My CEG name was Joepage. Not sure if I should post on CEG.org or on FB. I don’t want to break any moderator rules. I may start on FB then try the CEG forums and see what happens. To be honest I feel like I am letting a part of my soul go. I grew up in Southern Indiana. Both my mom and dad raced dirt track in the 40s and 50s. So going fast is in my blood. Again 2k gets it all. You can contact me by text at 214-535-8266.

I believe the 2000 was Mark Knox's car (Y2KSVT) originally. Someone needs to bring it back to its original glory!

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back