• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FS: 2000 Contour SVT MNB in Reston, VA

Pepsibottle1

CEG'er
  • $1250 OBO
  • Midnight Black, some scratches on paint. Rust inside both rear door pillars. and small spot on inner left front fender. Roof trim pieces are beginning to warp as well as both front door weatherstrippings Underbody is solid
  • Runs and drives! needs IMRC (gets hot and fails), could use suspension work as the struts and control arm bushings are weak and the rear subframe makes noise. Engine makes chatter when hot.
  • Interior is in good shape minus dash warp. The left front window regulator was replaced with a dorman unit that is already failing (can provide replacement), and the left front door has a leak from the lower corner
  • Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s are less than a year old. SVT Focus wheels
  • 118,788mi
  • Maintainence records available from the time I have owned the car. Vehicle will also come with Ford shop manuals
  • Vehicle is completely stock minus K&N air filter and Sony single din headunit
Sadly my phase with this car is over. It is time to move on to bigger and better things in life such as being a father and career advancement. My Contour has been good to me outside of expected niggly Contour things and it has been a great way to fly on my 110 mile commute every day. I am posting here first, and then to the local Craigslist because I would much rather see it continue in enthusiast hands. It does need some work, but it runs and drives and is all there. I was going to do the 3.0 swap and bodywork but my growing daughter is now my priority and we are saving for a Ford Flex. It needs gone, obviously I am asking what I paid originally when it was not running but make me an offer!

**more pictures to be uploaded today when I rack it on my lift*

Attachments

• photo18346.jpg
    photo18346.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1
  • photo18347.jpg
    photo18347.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18348.jpg
    photo18348.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18350.jpg
    photo18350.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 1
  • photo18352.jpg
    photo18352.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
The window regulator issue has since been corrected. There is a lot of local attention for this car and I will continue to give group preferential pricing for anyone here interested (asking 1500 local)

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back