• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale or Trade 1998 Contour SVT 3L T-Red

moochman4life

CEG'er
For SALE or TRADE -- $5,800
1998 Contour SVT 3.0L T-Red
-- NO RUST -- NOT A SPECK --

-3.0L Port Matched w/ SVT components
- SVTs originally come with 2.5L motors.
-Brullen custom exhaust with optimized y-pipe
-Terry Haines Built Transmission
-Custom Tuning from "Tuning by James"
- I have two SCT tuners, and you'll get both.
-MSDS Headers with cats
-Koni Sport Adjustable Struts
-Don't know make of springs (they're something with MAXX in the name), but the car sits low, doesn't bounce and handles EXTREMELY well
-Moog sway bar end-links
-Custom cold air intake
-Red heavy duty spark plug wires
-Battery relocated to rear (previous owner did this...don't know why...maybe turbo/supercharger or sound system)
-Has an aftermarket stereo with heavy wiring for an amp
-SVT Focus "big" brakes
-Hawk HPS pads
-Fidanza lightweight flywheel
-Upgraded half-shafts (axels)
-Two sets of rims and tires:
- Enkei 18's with Toyo Proxes All-seasons
- Sport Edition 17's with Khumo Ecsta Summers
-New fuel lines
-Hydraulic hood struts
-New motor mounts
-New manifold gaskets
-The "bad":
- Scratches and slight pealing on bottom of front bumper - previous owner had the bumper repainted.
- Some "squeeking" in front left suspension - suspect bushings or upper strut mount. I've lubricated everything I could reach.
- Sun roof works...but motor is slowing down.
- Reverse light doesn't work.
That's it for the "BAD".

I am the THIRD owner of this beaut. Car is in GREAT running condition with a CLEAR title. It is a Virginia-registered car through July 18. Runs VERY STRONG and SMOOTH. Only has about 8k on the bigger motor (block) and transmission. THERE's ONLY 85,000 on the car...LOW miles either way you look at it. I've added the Koni's, brake pads, Sport Edition's w/tires, Moog end links, motor mounts, fuel lines, gaskets and new SCT tune/tuner since I've owned her, and fixed a vacuum leak. I'll take partial or full trades. It pains me to part with her, but I need a truck now...you know: life. So, if you have a well-taken-care-of 4x4 pickup you're willing to part with, please let me know. I'm open to any make/model, as long as it's a strong running 4x4. I now need something that I can put to use hauling/towing stuff and have some off-road fun. I'm also into firearms, so if you're willing to throw something in for trade, let me know!
Make an offer! Cash, truck, or truck + cash...just let me know!

14.jpg 20170915_081426.jpg 20170915_080912.jpg 20170915_081328.jpg 20170915_080829.jpg

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back