• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FS: Rusted to hell 1999 Black SVT Contour

msujdog

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Don't know what to say here. I bought this car fresh off the lot in 1999. It's my baby. The engine still purrs like a kitten. But Michigan winters are tough, and the entire under body of this car is rusted beyond belief. Today, when the mechanic was going to replace a wheel bearing, I finally decided to move on after he could barely get it up on the lifts. I'm so sad to lose my baby, but it's time to part.

I hate just donating this thing to an organization, so if you need a running contour for parts or whatever, reach out to me soon. Name a price and we'll talk. I can provide pictures of any part upon request and give you the car's entire mechanical history, of which I kept a running tab as the only owner.

**pours one on the ground for his homie**

I had just written a response in another thread about how I'm going to do a mid-life upgrade to my '96 Mystique. It was formerly from Chicago, but I contained the rust before it got out of control on the body. Some running gear was replaced with southern junkyard cousins. Anyway, it needs a new wiring harness anyway, so I was wondering if I shouldn't just transplant the powerplant and wiring of a totaled (or otherwise running) SVT onto the rod transmission of the Mystique. Wouldn't that be a nice sleeper!

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back