• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 2000 Ford Contour SVT - Black - 188k - $1900

2000 SVT with 2.5 L V6, #123 of 2150, Black, 188,000 miles

EDIT: Asking $1,500. Make an offer.

Original owner, I bought it brand new!

Overview: No aftermarket parts other than a K&N air filter. The body could use some work (one of the jack stand covers was recently broken by Sears). It has a CEL (haven't checked it, but it just recently passed MD emissions). There is some sort of issue where hitting the brakes tugs the car to the left, and letting off pulls back to the right which can be frightening at high speeds. It needs a front wheel alignment as well. The car sometimes stalls when the AC is on when coming to a stop. Interior leather is in good shape, no tears, normal aging. The engine has a a slow oil leak but no mechanic to date has thought it was anything worth worrying about. One accident, rear fender was struck by another driver.

Other than that I think it is in great shape and just needs some TLC. I just don't have the time to devote to it. I am hoping to find somebody who will fix it up and give it some love, but that is not a requirement. I unfortunately do not have a garage or I would keep the car and make it awesome again.

Due to the issues mentioned above I will not offer test drives on the highway and recommend towing it because that brake issue is a bit scary and the front wheels are wearing due to the alignment. If you do drive it home, it is at your own risk. I drove it for a while in it's current condition, so it can be done.

Attachments

• photo17199.JPG
    photo17199.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17201.JPG
    photo17201.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17200.JPG
    photo17200.JPG
  • photo17204.JPG
    photo17204.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17202.JPG
    photo17202.JPG
Last edited:
No Title

Attachments

• photo17192.JPG
    photo17192.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17193.JPG
    photo17193.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17191.JPG
    photo17191.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17196.JPG
    photo17196.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17194.JPG
    photo17194.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
FYI for whoever gets this, the pull is most likely from a bad lower control arm. I just fixed the same exact issue on mine, it was only $35 for the part on rockauto.com. i hope that helps you sell this, good luck!

Where in MD? Might be able to sell so Mustang stuffs and come up with a little $$$. Dash warped? Shifter works ok? Rust?

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back