• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale Complete Low mile 3L motor

t-bone

CEG'er
Hi, up for sale is a complete 3L motor. The motor has been inspected by a professional motor builder and appears to have very low miles on it. Asking $650 obo. Pics can be sent via email or text

The motor has been inspected by a professional motor builder and appears to have very low miles on it.

Not to be a stickler here, but how can you guess how many miles are on an engine? What is "low miles", 10k? 50k? 100k? You don't have any paperwork or even a vin number from the vehicle it came from? What year 3L is it? Duratec or Vulcan?

Been working 16 hr days so haven't had time to reply. I bought a 98 contour svt from a guy in Eastpoint who bought the car from a guy in Georgia. The owner in Georgia swapped the 2.5L to the 3L with his father but hacked the wiring and then hit a deer a week later, he didn't want to fix it so he sold it to the guy i bought it from in Eastpoint. The owner is Eatpoint bought it with intentions of fixing it but got married and had a baby on the way so the project had to go. I drove the car from Eastpoint to Bagged performance (my first mistake) so Scott could work on it. Scott was supposed to clean up the wiring, paint the motor and repair the accident damage to the car but kept delaying with the repairs. Eventually i took my car back and when i did the motor had his signature "bagged" name on the side of the valve cover. Scott did NOT build the motor, all he did was paint it and he began to port the intake on it which was done half ass. I don't have any paperwork for the motor but the previous owner told me it was a 2004 duratec with approx 20k to 30k on it. I have a picture of some numbers on the side of the block that i can send to anyone interested. Any other questions pm me. Thnx Todd

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back