• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale FS - New Hood Strut Kit Design

Motocam360

CEG'er
I've been working on this design on and off for over a year and finally finished it up on my '98.

Several kits in stock and ready to ship:

$85 delivered
PP: sales@themotocam.com

This kit provides a full 4 inch higher lift than the stock hood prop stick.

SVTHSKup_zps81e96013.jpg
SVTHSKhoodbracket_zpsc2d9e67e.jpg
SVTHSKopening_zpsbdd39e74.jpg

Will you be drilling new holes in your hood to mount the upper pivot ball? Same question for the lower pivot ball, need to drill new holes there too?

We use two stainless steel sheet metal screws for the hood brackets.
We use two M6 bolts with nylock nuts on the fender brackets..... so yes new holes need to be drilled, but they're small and simple

How does yours compare to the Redline Tuning kit? Warranty?

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-CON-ALL.html

If I'm not mistaken, the redline tuning kit props the hood up about 2" higher than stock at the location they tell you to install it, but it can also be set to prop the hood to the max (which is when the hood "tails" hit the wiper cowl). Their kit uses existing mounting points of other bolts, ie; hinge-to-hood bolt replaced with pivot ball, and fender-to-inner fender bolt is replaced with another pivot ball.

This looks AWESOME! As much as I am under the hood of my car I could really use this! I may be emailing you soon!

The downside to this one, imo, is the drilling unless done professionally and w/o errors. You can clearly see how this kit really like stands the hood upright like a MB or BMW on the 90's cars giving you a ton of room compared to latch and the long struts from the redlines that I HAVE SEEN...

I would like to see a picture if the tails of the hood are hitting the wiper cowl or how close they are. Being up that high, even with a little wind and less than 1/4" from with wiper cowl with your hood up, it might move and mark it up.

How does yours compare to the Redline Tuning kit? Warranty?

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-CON-ALL.html

If I'm not mistaken, the redline tuning kit props the hood up about 2" higher than stock at the location they tell you to install it, but it can also be set to prop the hood to the max (which is when the hood "tails" hit the wiper cowl). Their kit uses existing mounting points of other bolts, ie; hinge-to-hood bolt replaced with pivot ball, and fender-to-inner fender bolt is replaced with another pivot ball.

Our kit has a 2 year warranty

The downside to this one, imo, is the drilling unless done professionally and w/o errors. You can clearly see how this kit really like stands the hood upright like a MB or BMW on the 90's cars giving you a ton of room compared to latch and the long struts from the redlines that I HAVE SEEN...

Yes there is some drilling involved for the install, but they're not precision holes so any drill will work really. This is the trade-off for allowing the hood to open so high and not run all the way down the fender and be in a person's way when trying to wrench on the motor

Hood Strut Kit Install photos

Hood Strut Kit Install photos

Here's some better pictures I took yesterday in the daylight of the kit installed on my '98:

98SVT_zpsad51163c.jpg
SVTsideshot_zpsf83f5f65.jpg
SVTfenderbracket_zps63c7e65e.jpg
hoodbracket_zpsdbb4e40c.jpg

Got better pics of where the tip of the hood is by the windshield, i think that is a good picture all would like to see...

I will take some today where the hood meets the wiper cowl and post them this evening for all to see.

I should also mention that we've mfg and sold about 250 sets of hood strut kits between all the cars we've developed them for over the last 3 years and shipped them worldwide.....so we have some serious experience in this department

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back