Announcement

Collapse

Classified Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING! - Updated 9/10/2019

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Threads that do not follow the rules will be deleted. If your thread is deleted, you may start another one as long as it meets all rules.

DO
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
    NOTE: The forum has been having problems allowing certain users to post once they reach 60 days. If you can't post, try clearing your cookies. If that doesn't work, PM one of the classifieds mods.
  2. Ads must include a price and location.
  3. Ads must be FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc. Posting just a link to the auction will be deleted.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. If you see a problem with a post or person, notify a moderator.

DO NOT
Unless noted, rule violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas. Cross posts will be deleted and the user will receive an infraction.
  2. Replies should be relevant to the item. Do not chatter.
    EXAMPLES: If I were closer, I'd buy it; GLWS; If you decide to ship it, I want it; If you decide to part it, let me know; I've seen this car in person.
    Relevant replies include questions like: Will this fit my SE?; Is that a broken tab?; How many miles?.
  3. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  4. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  5. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. If you bump before the two week period, the bump will be deleted, and you will get a warning. Do it a second time, your thread will be deleted and you will get an infraction. Information updates, price changes, etc. are allowed.
See more
See less

FS - New Hood Strut Kit Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: For Sale FS - New Hood Strut Kit Design

I've been working on this design on and off for over a year and finally finished it up on my '98.

Several kits in stock and ready to ship:

$85 delivered
    PP: sales@themotocam.com

This kit provides a full 4 inch higher lift than the stock hood prop stick.

SVTHSKup_zps81e96013.jpg
    SVTHSKhoodbracket_zpsc2d9e67e.jpg
    SVTHSKopening_zpsbdd39e74.jpg

Will you be drilling new holes in your hood to mount the upper pivot ball? Same question for the lower pivot ball, need to drill new holes there too?
    *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
    30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Judging from the pics looks like it.
      98 Silver Frost
      Full 3.0L
      ST220 intake w/ f150 tb

Comment

We use two stainless steel sheet metal screws for the hood brackets.
        We use two M6 bolts with nylock nuts on the fender brackets..... so yes new holes need to be drilled, but they're small and simple

Comment

How does yours compare to the Redline Tuning kit? Warranty?

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-CON-ALL.html

If I'm not mistaken, the redline tuning kit props the hood up about 2" higher than stock at the location they tell you to install it, but it can also be set to prop the hood to the max (which is when the hood "tails" hit the wiper cowl). Their kit uses existing mounting points of other bolts, ie; hinge-to-hood bolt replaced with pivot ball, and fender-to-inner fender bolt is replaced with another pivot ball.

Comment

This looks AWESOME! As much as I am under the hood of my car I could really use this! I may be emailing you soon!
            1998.5 E1 SVT Silver frost #5850
            1999 SVT Black - Dead, RIP

Comment

The downside to this one, imo, is the drilling unless done professionally and w/o errors. You can clearly see how this kit really like stands the hood upright like a MB or BMW on the 90's cars giving you a ton of room compared to latch and the long struts from the redlines that I HAVE SEEN...
              1998 Ford Contour SVT SF!
              1998 Honda Accord LX!
              2001 Honda Shadow VT750 DC A

Comment

I would like to see a picture if the tails of the hood are hitting the wiper cowl or how close they are. Being up that high, even with a little wind and less than 1/4" from with wiper cowl with your hood up, it might move and mark it up.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
                  How does yours compare to the Redline Tuning kit? Warranty?

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-CON-ALL.html

If I'm not mistaken, the redline tuning kit props the hood up about 2" higher than stock at the location they tell you to install it, but it can also be set to prop the hood to the max (which is when the hood "tails" hit the wiper cowl). Their kit uses existing mounting points of other bolts, ie; hinge-to-hood bolt replaced with pivot ball, and fender-to-inner fender bolt is replaced with another pivot ball.
                  Our kit has a 2 year warranty

Comment

Originally posted by naujcdl View Post
                    The downside to this one, imo, is the drilling unless done professionally and w/o errors. You can clearly see how this kit really like stands the hood upright like a MB or BMW on the 90's cars giving you a ton of room compared to latch and the long struts from the redlines that I HAVE SEEN...
                    Yes there is some drilling involved for the install, but they're not precision holes so any drill will work really. This is the trade-off for allowing the hood to open so high and not run all the way down the fender and be in a person's way when trying to wrench on the motor

Comment

Hood Strut Kit Install photos

Here's some better pictures I took yesterday in the daylight of the kit installed on my '98:

98SVT_zpsad51163c.jpg
                      SVTsideshot_zpsf83f5f65.jpg
                      SVTfenderbracket_zps63c7e65e.jpg
                      hoodbracket_zpsdbb4e40c.jpg

Comment

Got better pics of where the tip of the hood is by the windshield, i think that is a good picture all would like to see...
                        1998 Ford Contour SVT SF!
                        1998 Honda Accord LX!
                        2001 Honda Shadow VT750 DC A

Comment

I will take some today where the hood meets the wiper cowl and post them this evening for all to see.

I should also mention that we've mfg and sold about 250 sets of hood strut kits between all the cars we've developed them for over the last 3 years and shipped them worldwide.....so we have some serious experience in this department

Comment

Plenty of room on the backside.... a little more than .25" gap spacing on either side:

SVTHSKgap_zpsf1d77c90.jpg
                            SVTHSKgapmeasurement2_zps15a0a1b0.jpg

Comment

Some members were asking for an up close pic of the seam with the hood closed to verify the fitment:

SVTHSKhoodclosed_zpsbc5b0802.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X