• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WTB 1995 stick shift assembly or reverse lock out actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

germanfordguy

CEG'er
I have a 1995 SE 5sp. The reverse lock out actuator has disintegrated. If anyone has the lock out actuator (Ford part # 7e096) or the full stick shift assembly (with the actuator of course), I'm looking to by.

Thanks

This what you need ?

8KdnEZV.jpg

I would not think so, the bottom does not look anything like my mine. Sure like the look of this though. From what I have been able to read, the 95's MTX is much different than the later years.

Thanks!

No Title

You will end up doing what I had to do when my lockout collar disintegrated on my '96 Mystique. Buy a "Ford Contour Short throw shifter" from eBay for about $55. The part you need is the part with the collar like the picture above, and throw the rest away (unless you want that aluminum shift knob...they can get hot as I understand). I filled the bulk of the space under the shift knob with two-part epoxy putty and drilled an appropriately sized hole in the appropriate location for the new roll pin from the hardware store. I also reamed the main through hole to make sure the shifting shaft wouldn't bind anywhere. The old one should come out with pliers and is not really re-usable after that. Make sure the roll pin hole goes all the way through so you can get it out if you have to with a long punch. You will need to saw off or grind off a little bit on the bottom to look like the one in the attached picture...and paint it black.

Attachments

• photo18159.JPG
    photo18159.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back