• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy Sunroof gears?

CLASSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Mine stopped working properly this morning. The sunroofgears.com site doesn't seem to be active anymore. I can't get the page to load. HALP!

Good to know. Is there any kind of a writeup on taking the assembly apart and fixing these? I'm nervous to start yanking on the 18 year old plastic housing around this.

You know, I sell used Sunroof motors, that are proven to work..60$ sent to your door.. just fyi..

First thing is to pop out the lights themselves from the housing, u can do this carefully with a smaller flat-blade..

Then, best thing is to remove the two phillips head screws beneath the cover, the CAREFULLY slide the sun-roof motor cover rearward to remove the little tabs on the opposite side of the screws.
In my endless junk-yard search it's hit and miss.

Sometimes they come right out no problem are a durable a bit, Other times they shatter into 10,000 piece the moment u attempt to THINK about taking it off..

Next un-clip the electrical connection, after that then it's 3 torx #30 screws is all u need to take the motor out. MAKE SURE IT IS AT THE REST POSITION BETWEEN VENT AND OPEN... u can do this by running the switch normally like u would to close your sun-roof.. YOU MUST DO THIS FOR THE ONE GOING IN ASWELL, or they will not sync.

Then it just slides straight down off the gear for the sun-roof itself.

new one goes in reverse order, MAKE SURE it's at the "REST" position or you'll strip it trying to force it to go a weird way.

Very cool, thanks for the info Francis. My motor still seems to be working, as I can hear it running when I press the button, but I hear a "whirring" sound like the gears are freely spinning. Does your motor include gears?

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back