• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale or Trade Shifter cables.. old & new style

FrancisPennysac

Veteran CEG'er
PRICE DROP!!

PRICE UPDATE

Yes, it is true people. I happen to have a numerous amount of junk yards near by and I have recently acquired a 3 pair of Shifter cables that are 2 newer and a 1 old style set.

The old style set is only missing the 1 eyelet, so if you have at-least one little eyelet left u can swap it onto this cable and go.. this is the OLD ROD STYLE shifter cable.. pulled from a 98 SVT the other ends are in perfect shape just missing ONE eyelet at the trans.. Pics can be sent of this..

The other set I have is a NEWER STYLE cable with the NON-REPLACEABLE ends. they simply have the tabs you push to release the Cable from the "ball" it is attached to.

Needless to say i know what these are worth and how rare they are. I DO have a third set of them but I WILL NOT give them up easily as they are my personal extra set if I ever need them.. but if one of you guys MUST have them.. then by all means shoot me an offer.. YES i will overcharge you for them as I don't really want to part with them. in case I someday may need them..

I have no clue what to ask for these so that's where I am starting, I know these are basically non-existence anymore.

The first pics on THIS post are MY PERSONAL set I just simply wanted to show the different styles of shifter cables.. but they CAN be for sale for the right price..

Starting BID asking price is 120$ each for the NEWER style....

The older style due to it missing just ONE eyelet, It will start at $100. again keep in mind if you have the OTHER grommet in good shape you can put it on this cable and have it brand new again.. I know some people only need one side or the other..this would complete the one side..

THEY ARE FIRST COME/PAYMENT FIRST SERVED.

Attachments

• photo17224.JPG
    photo17224.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17225.JPG
    photo17225.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 0
No Title

more pics, Here are the Main two that are up or grabs as of now..

one is the Newer style, one is a older style (rod type) the rod type came out of a 1988 SVT.

Attachments

• photo17226.JPG
    photo17226.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17227.JPG
    photo17227.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17229.JPG
    photo17229.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17230.JPG
    photo17230.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17231.JPG
    photo17231.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
They are 150 at the dealership if they have them. and in junkyards allover. Wont sell for 500. I would just keep them all.

Find me the dealership that has them and Ill buy every single pair of them :)

Seriously though I am just looking to help out the SVT Tour' community and put some cash in my pocket. I am having hard times (as is everyone) and simply am trying to give back.. I could keep them and probably never ever need them myself when some poor guy in the middle of nowhere now can't drive his dream car that he spent countless hours saving/building for all bcuz a shifter cable is no longer even able to acquire.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back